Which song will be the hit?

Moderator: Moderators

Which song do you think will be the most popular?

Handy
20%
Lame Claim to Fame
No votes
Foil
4%
Sports Song
1%
Word Crimes
54%
My Own Eyes
No votes
NOW That's What I Call Polka!
3%
Mission Statement
No votes
Inactive
No votes
First World Problems
1%
Tacky
16%
Jackson Park Express
No votes

Total votes: 69

Cameron the Taco
Occasional

Which song will be the hit?

Post by Cameron the Taco »

Al said that there is no "lead single" on MF, and he wants you to choose the hits. Which one do you think it will be?
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Which song will be the hit?

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I think he wants us to wait until we hear them first.
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

Probably "Handy," for being a parody of the still current #1 song, and for being a likely candidate for a big-budget video (which always helps in popularity), but it'd be nice to get another, less obvious hit from the album as well. Letting us choose the hits is a welcome experiment. Hopefully it'll pay off and a song other than the lead will get some recognition.
CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Post by CharlesNelson »

Like Bruce said, it's hard to decide without hearing the songs first. My feeling right now is that "Word Crimes" will be the funniest parody, potentially with the bonus of a video parody, so I went with that.
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Post by CharlesNelson »

A whopping one vote out of 34 for the six originals combined. We still know what sells to the masses.
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

While it's not a "hot single" anymore, I think that "Word Crimes" is gonna be a big hit, because the original is so ridiculous, and a Weird Al parody is bound to be hilarious. If it is about grammar Nazis, I know tons of people are going to love it.
CheeseSandwich

Post by CheeseSandwich »

Until I hear them can't say for sure. I do love Pharrell's Happy a lot so there's a chance Weird Al's parody of it will be my favorite.
NDBois
Occasional

Post by NDBois »

I think that Tacky (Happy) will be the first video released, and the one to catch everybody's attention. It will be the biggest video UNTIL Handy (Fancy) is the final video released on the 8th day, and will be the most popular. Pure speculation, of course.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Okay, now that I've heard the album, I'd definitely say "Word Crimes" and "Tacky" are most likely to be hits and are also the two best parodies on the album.
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

Bruce the Duck wrote:Okay, now that I've heard the album, I'd definitely say "Word Crimes" and "Tacky" are most likely to be hits and are also the two best parodies on the album.
I agree and based on the cast for what is probably the "Tacky" video, I think Al does too. That's easily my favorite parody after one listen.