First World Problems

Moderator: Moderators

Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Re: First World Problems

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

He's obviously confusing Kurt Cobain with Lady Gaga.

Besides, the better argument as to why it isn't an Ariana Grande parody is that the recording dates don't really match up. Problem didn't come out till late April, and we know that Al only recorded one Iggy parody in June. It would seem strange for Al to have to meet Iggy in person to ask her for permission for separate parodies.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

The hidden bonus track is a parody of Nirvana as well
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
bryce87
Obsessed

Post by bryce87 »

Skippy wrote: Nirvana wasn't on an album twice.
Oh Right. haha
bryce87
Obsessed

Post by bryce87 »

Marko_The_Odd wrote:He's obviously confusing Kurt Cobain with Lady Gaga.

Besides, the better argument as to why it isn't an Ariana Grande parody is that the recording dates don't really match up. Problem didn't come out till late April, and we know that Al only recorded one Iggy parody in June. It would seem strange for Al to have to meet Iggy in person to ask her for permission for separate parodies.
As I've said before Al gets the songwriters to every song to approve the lyrics before he can release the song. Al had to approve the Iggy Parody with all the writers and publishers and Fancy. My guess is He approved it with all the writers then just met with Iggy to make sure she actually approved it so there wasn't confusion. So Al could of sent out a request for Ariana way before he wanted to parody Fancy. Plus the video clip released by TMZ was just a short clip it could of been a longer conversation.
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

minnick27 wrote:The hidden bonus track is a parody of Nirvana as well
Barely. "Endless, Nameless" is an actual song. "Bite Me" is just noises.
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

"Calling in Sick" is supposed to be a Nirvana style parody, I believe.
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

The Sporkman wrote:"Calling in Sick" is supposed to be a Nirvana style parody, I believe.
Yes, but that's from a different album. The conversation was about artists who are targeted twice on the same album.
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Oh! My bad. I thought it was on Off the Deep End. I always listen to Al songs on random. It's been a long time since I've listened to an individual album straight through. Alapalooza, Off the Deep End, and Bad Hair Day have always kind of blurred together in my mind. It's all just "90s Al." :P
CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Post by CharlesNelson »

As someone pointed out in main speculation, if "Tacky" is "Happy," we'll have Pharrell parodied twice on this album, the other being "Blurred Lines." That being said, nah, I don't really think "First World Problems" will be a "Problem" parody, either.
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
bryce87
Obsessed

Post by bryce87 »

Any song on the album that we think is a parody could be an original.