Lame Claim to Fame

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Lame Claim to Fame

Postby mrmeadows » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:45 am

Relax....I'm not being a prude. I was simply saying that was the last thing I expected to read around here. (That was a true statement. Hey, it's an...*ahem* unique LCTF!) Was I offended, or do I otherwise care? Nope on both.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Liked in: 0 post

Postby TMBJon » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:07 am

Can we all agree it was really gross? I think I side with "Maggie" on this one! :vomit:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Postby MandatoryFun » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:23 am

mrmeadows wrote:Relax....I'm not being a prude. I was simply saying that was the last thing I expected to read around here. (That was a true statement. Hey, it's an...*ahem* unique LCTF!) Was I offended, or do I otherwise care? Nope on both.

Alright sorry for getting aggressive.

TMBJon wrote:Can we all agree it was really gross? I think I side with "Maggie" on this one! :vomit:

Maggie update: a year and a half ago after we broke up, she died her hair purple and started smoking cloves can you say :tacky:
Hey guys, I got this username first ha ha
MandatoryFun
Occasional

Postby amzo39 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:55 am

I didn't even question that story being in this thread for some reason
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
amzo39
Off The Deep End

Postby mrmeadows » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:09 pm

amzo39 wrote:I didn't even question that story being in this thread for some reason

Yes, it was definitely in the wrong thread. Clearly he meant for it to go in the RWS "Germs" thread.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Postby Big Spoon » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:57 am

One thing I've wondered a few times while listening to this song, did Al have any plans in case any of the celebrities mentioned in the song had an unexpected death between the recording and release date? Would he rerecord the lyrics, or just release the song as is?
And Peggy
Big Spoon
Welp.

Postby Genius in Maine » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:48 am

Good question. I could see someone like the song's narrator boasting about such connections after the celebrity died.
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Postby Kevbo1987 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:39 pm

Big Spoon wrote:One thing I've wondered a few times while listening to this song, did Al have any plans in case any of the celebrities mentioned in the song had an unexpected death between the recording and release date? Would he rerecord the lyrics, or just release the song as is?

He could have combined it with "Tacky" and bragged about live-tweeting the funeral and taking selfies with the deceased.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Postby AlejandraDD » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:44 pm

Apparently, SCOTS is whining about the lack of royalties from LCTF

Miller believes "Camel Walk" is the basis for a new Weird Al Yankovic tune about name-droppers and publicity-hounds, "Lame Claim to Fame." The video/song features Weird Al in overalls and plaid, the kind of redneck garb frequently worn by Miller. According to SCOTS frontman, Yankovic lifts the song's melody minus a single note. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but he wishes Yankovic had just covered the damn song.

"Flattery's nice," he says, "but the reach-around royalty would've been even better."

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/char ... id=5022039
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2018: Cleveland - Greensburg - North Bethesda - Lancaster - Buffalo
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
AlejandraDD
Obsessed

Postby mellow weasel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:36 pm

AlejandraDD wrote:Apparently, SCOTS is whining about the lack of royalties from LCTF

Miller believes "Camel Walk" is the basis for a new Weird Al Yankovic tune about name-droppers and publicity-hounds, "Lame Claim to Fame." The video/song features Weird Al in overalls and plaid, the kind of redneck garb frequently worn by Miller. According to SCOTS frontman, Yankovic lifts the song's melody minus a single note. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but he wishes Yankovic had just covered the damn song.

"Flattery's nice," he says, "but the reach-around royalty would've been even better."

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/char ... id=5022039

It's all written as if it wasn't a widely known fact that LCTF is a style parody :lol: . I wonder how Al will react when he finds out about such reaction :?
What is " reach-around royalty"?
mellow weasel
Obsessed

PreviousNext

Return to Mandatory Fun