Deliriously Dedicated

Re: My Own Eyes

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Skrillex?
OopsieDaisy
Occasional

Post by OopsieDaisy »

I'm getting a very heavy Foo Fighters feel with this. With just a smattering of Green Day.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

OopsieDaisy wrote:I'm getting a very heavy Foo Fighters feel with this. With just a smattering of Green Day.
I hear a little Green Day, too. The beginning of the chorus sounds a bit like "Holiday."
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

Not that this is in the least bit surprising, but the band really nails the Foo Fighters sound with this song. My younger brother became a fan of them when we were both in high school (around the time In Your Honor was released in summer 2005). I've got another confession to make: I initially disliked them (because we were brothers and disliking what the other liked was just what we did), but later I repented and added most of their singles to my iTunes, which I've since listened to a fair enough amount to get a good feel for their sound.

As for "My Own Eyes", I wouldn't consider it a favorite from the album (though it's certainly a nice rock tune), but it is really catchy. Sort of "I'll Sue Ya" meets "Virus Alert".
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

The foo fighters cover of Prince's 'darling Nikki' is one of the best covers I've ever heard.

This song is definitely growing on me. Every time a new line seems to make me laugh. I'm more of an old school fan and wish he would've done more with them back in the 90s, but this is good too.
taste is only something if it is yours.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I'm loving this song more and more with each listen. It's slowly overtaking "First World Problems" as my favorite original. The whole verse that starts with the mime getting hacked to death is amazing. There are two songs from the Foo Fighters' last album that I kind of hear in there, although neither of them is so close that I'd give them credit for the formula: "A Matter of Time" and "Bridge Burning" (once you get past the intro).
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

This song is amazing. I can't help but rock out to this song in the car :lol:
In hiding since 2010
MandatoryFun
Occasional

Post by MandatoryFun »

Al should write a kids book or cartoon or something. The imagery in this song is so amazing. Particularly "I saw two drag queens trying to see how many crackers They could shove up each other's nose"
Hey guys, I got this username first ha ha
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

MandatoryFun wrote:Al should write a kids book or cartoon or something.
He has!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
tankgirl73

Post by tankgirl73 »

Nobody yet has mentioned that the guitar riff is directly lifted from Velvet Revolver's Slither?

http://youtu.be/BKz2U4fvA4U