My Own Eyes

Moderator: Moderators

jacobpacek
Regular

Re: [spoiler][lyrics] My Own Eyes

Post by jacobpacek »

Am I the only one who sort of got a Nickelback vibe from this song? I feel almost as if he's almost making fun of how ridiculous their songs are. When I listened, that was my initial thought. Especially when he says the title of the song. Maybe that's just me? :P
Let me be your stripper.

Lansing MI: 7/11/07
Jackson MI: 9/23/07
Chesaning MI: 7/17/08
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I do hear Nickelback in there. (I'm a closet Nickelback fan :lookaround: ) I can definitely hear what you're hearing. But I don't think that was the intent. It sounds much more like Foo Fighters.
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

jacobpacek wrote:Am I the only one who sort of got a Nickelback vibe from this song? I feel almost as if he's almost making fun of how ridiculous their songs are. When I listened, that was my initial thought. Especially when he says the title of the song. Maybe that's just me? :P
Doesn't sound like Nickelback to me. It's dead-on Foo Fighters. Maybe the most accurate style parody he and the band have done. (Besides Albuquerque, of course.)
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

Bruce the Duck wrote:I do hear Nickelback in there. (I'm a closet Nickelback fan :lookaround: ) I can definitely hear what you're hearing. But I don't think that was the intent. It sounds much more like Foo Fighters.
As it was made clear yesterday, I'm relatively young. I've only heard a few Foo Fighters songs, which is probably why I didn't make the connection. I love the style though, and if it's similar to FF, I'll have to listen to some of their stuff! (And don't worry I'm secretly a fan as well :F )
Let me be your stripper.

jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

Skippy wrote:
jacobpacek wrote:Am I the only one who sort of got a Nickelback vibe from this song? I feel almost as if he's almost making fun of how ridiculous their songs are. When I listened, that was my initial thought. Especially when he says the title of the song. Maybe that's just me? :P
Doesn't sound like Nickelback to me. It's dead-on Foo Fighters. Maybe the most accurate style parody he and the band have done. (Besides Albuquerque, of course.)
Albuquerque is in my top 15 favorite Al songs for sure. What's it a style parody of?
Let me be your stripper.

Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

jacobpacek wrote: Albuquerque is in my top 15 favorite Al songs for sure. What's it a style parody of?
"Dick's Automotive" by the Rugburns. Some would say it's more "rip-off" than "style parody," and when you hear it, you'll know why.
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

Skippy wrote:
jacobpacek wrote: Albuquerque is in my top 15 favorite Al songs for sure. What's it a style parody of?
"Dick's Automotive" by the Rugburns. Some would say it's more "rip-off" than "style parody," and when you hear it, you'll know why.
Hm alright I'll take a listen now.
Let me be your stripper.

gtrmu
Off The Deep End

Post by gtrmu »

jacobpacek wrote:
Bruce the Duck wrote:I do hear Nickelback in there. (I'm a closet Nickelback fan :lookaround: ) I can definitely hear what you're hearing. But I don't think that was the intent. It sounds much more like Foo Fighters.
As it was made clear yesterday, I'm relatively young. I've only heard a few Foo Fighters songs, which is probably why I didn't make the connection. I love the style though, and if it's similar to FF, I'll have to listen to some of their stuff! (And don't worry I'm secretly a fan as well :F )
If you're going to get into FF, as a fan let me say The Colour and The Shape is the best place to start.
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

Holy crap! It could pass for a parody! Some of the lyrics are even really similar.
Let me be your stripper.

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Yeah, fans didn't even figure that out until many many years after RWS came out. It was at that point that Al started thanking the artists that he style parodied in the liner notes.