My Own Eyes

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: My Own Eyes

Post by TMBJon »

I heard it's a parody of Lyin' Eyes by The Eagles. :F
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

I agree that it would be a bummer to not have a twisted love song on this album (I was actually thinking/hoping an "All of Me" parody would have filled that gap), but I have to say I think this song is more likely to be a series of tall tales as quantumerror speculated than a love song. I just don't see how the title suggests a love song of any kind, but then Al has surprised us before.
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

Could an "anti-love song" if you will, such as 'One More Minute,' 'Wanna B Ur Lovr,' 'If That Isn't Love,' etc.
Let me be your stripper.

Lansing MI: 7/11/07
Jackson MI: 9/23/07
Chesaning MI: 7/17/08
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

mrmeadows wrote:I agree that it would be a bummer to not have a twisted love song on this album (I was actually thinking/hoping an "All of Me" parody would have filled that gap), but I have to say I think this song is more likely to be a series of tall tales as quantumerror speculated than a love song. I just don't see how the title suggests a love song of any kind, but then Al has surprised us before.
It doesn't necessarily suggest a love song, it's just that it's the only one that I think even could be a love song, since the other originals don't appear to be anything that could even remotely be interpreted that way. My thought on that was the song's character describing how he sees his love interest in "my own eyes" despite obvious flaws. I don't know.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Bruce the Duck wrote: My thought on that was the song's character describing how he sees his love interest in "my own eyes" despite obvious flaws. I don't know.
Hmm...that's a possibility. In that sense it could be a style parody of an "All of Me" or "Your Song" type of tender love song. (Simple vocals + piano). I'd be down with that.
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

Some possible spoilers for this track in the "Mandatory Fun Timeline/Spoiler Updates" section
Let me be your stripper.

Lansing MI: 7/11/07
Jackson MI: 9/23/07
Chesaning MI: 7/17/08
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

jacobpacek wrote:Some possible spoilers for this track in the "Mandatory Fun Timeline/Spoiler Updates" section
Well, those could be spoilers for ANY track on the album but yeah...I'd recommend everyone who doesn't care about avoiding spoilers check out that thread immediately!
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

jacobpacek wrote:Some possible spoilers for this track in the "Mandatory Fun Timeline/Spoiler Updates" section
Sounds reasonably credible. If true, I'm instantly super-excited about this track. I'm not at all familiar with the target artist mentioned, but a full-length original in this genre would be a dream come true!
Moneybags
Regular

Post by Moneybags »

Bermuda just posted in the Timeline/Spoiler Updates that this isn't true. Back to square one we go!
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

Then I'm on board for the "All Of Me" type song. Bermuda said there was one that skipped the band demo portion of the process and a scaled-down piano and vocals ballad would fit the bill there. Of course, that's assuming this is a love song, and I'm not super-confident on that one.