Mission Statement

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Mission Statement

Post by Bruce the Duck »

minnick27 wrote:But Pancreas wasnt a Beach Boys style parody, it was Brian Wilson. Yes he was the creative genius behind the Beach Boys, but his solo stuff had a few differences. And one could argue that Trigger Happy is a Jan and Dean style parody, or surf rock in general
HiggyG
Occasional

Post by HiggyG »

I have a gut feeling this will be a Flaming Lips style song.
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

Holding my breath with awe, jumping and waiting what's it gonna be. I expect weird company statements galore, AND I'd be so glad if there would be a tiny bit of a satire, mocking and bashing modern business world's lunacy - one of my favorite things to do in true comedy. And, despite the fact that the tune would be perfect musically, as most Al's recent work is, tiny satire would topically bring Al back to his "punk" roots which he presented in his self-titled album. Would love to hear that again.

SEVA.
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

Oh, and "Mission Statement" is "Misja przedsiębiorstwa" in Polish. Just wanted to let you know.

SEVA.
MandatoryFun
Occasional

Post by MandatoryFun »

Seva wrote:Oh, and "Mission Statement" is "Misja przedsiębiorstwa" in Polish. Just wanted to let you know.

SEVA.
:offtopic:
Hey guys, I got this username first ha ha
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

But it's Seva so it's okay.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

Thanks, buddy. Too bad cannot like posts here. :D

And, it's not so off topic as it may seem. As I've stated many times before, I love Al being very locally American, in terms of comedy and culture. And this album has no chances to be understood in non-English speaking countries, since nearly every song title, with the possible exception of Sports Song, requires advanced knowledge of American English AND American cultural references. Much to my delight, since every freaking Euro-teenager claims he speaks English well, and when they hear Al's music, they finally go to their freaking dictionaries. As a Russian, I never heard words like "handy" or "tacky", despite the fact that Al fandom raised my language awareness to highest heights. But that's why I love Al even more - another border I should cross, another knowledge I would achieve, another dictionary I should bring out of the bathroom. :)

Same with Mission Statement. I had no idea what this expression meant, and I was at normal human job for only two weeks in my life; so again, I must have gone for a research. Found a Russian equivalent for that phrase, thus learning more about song's topic, so I think now I'm prepared for it more. And Polish just occasionally popped up in Wiki. :D Sorry.

SEVA.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Seva wrote:And this album has no chances to be understood in non-English speaking countries, since nearly every song title, with the possible exception of Sports Song, requires advanced knowledge of American English AND American cultural references.
Actually, the Sports Song will probably be filled with American references that you won't understand too. It'll likely pull heavily from American football and baseball, the two most popular American sports. I doubt there'll be much soccer. :P

But don't worry - you probably know football more than I do. :lol:
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Seva wrote:And this album has no chances to be understood in non-English speaking countries, since nearly every song title, with the possible exception of Sports Song, requires advanced knowledge of American English AND American cultural references.
Actually, the Sports Song will probably be filled with American references that you won't understand too. It'll likely pull heavily from American football and baseball, the two most popular American sports. I doubt there'll be much soccer. :P

But don't worry - you probably know football more than I do. :lol:
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

Haha! :D No I don't.

I was talking about song titles. There's no doubt there will be a lot of wordplay and American-only jokes and puns and names. In your FACE, foreigners!!

SEVA.