Mission Statement

Moderator: Moderators

Shelley
Addicted

Re: Mission Statement

Post by Shelley »

I actually found this video very enjoyable. I love Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young so I *really* like the song style, however on first listening I found the words very jarring because of the incongruity between the jargon and the mellowness of the music. I found the video clever in expressing the ideas in the song in a way that helped me meld the lyrics and the music together in a way I couldn't do previously in my head, so now I like the song even more!

-Shelley
(she's baaaack)
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Wow! Welcome back, Shelley!
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Turns out this video was made locally (for me) by a company in Fitchburg WI. Way cool.
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

So as we all know this is a CSN-Y style parody, but in Al's AMA he said that this is the CSN song that it most resembles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMbuJXQCIvo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure if this has already been posted, but oh well.
Let me be your stripper.

Lansing MI: 7/11/07
Jackson MI: 9/23/07
Chesaning MI: 7/17/08
Good Enough For Now
Occasional

Post by Good Enough For Now »

It's basically a combination of "Carry On" by CSNY and "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" by CSN. Both songs are the first song on each band's first album.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

The thing I like most about this video is how it showcased a different style of animation which we haven't yet seen in one of Al's videos. I appreciate the level of work that went into making this but for some reason, I couldn't really get into it until about the last verse of the song.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

I think the video was the best one could do for a song as MS (it helped to understand stuff that otherwise sounded like "blah blah blah corporate nonsense blah"), but the song didn't give many opportunities for visual jokes, so the video had no chances to stand out.
angela27
Occasional

Post by angela27 »

Killingsworth wrote:The thing I like most about this video is how it showcased a different style of animation which we haven't yet seen in one of Al's videos. I appreciate the level of work that went into making this but for some reason, I couldn't really get into it until about the last verse of the song.
f you read the FAQ on their website, they don't consider it "animated", because they film the drawing in real time and then edit it to the required speed. Of course, there are a few parts that I'd say qualify as animation (when they slide words around).
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Today TruScribe was front page news in the paper and featured on the local news too. Working with Al is apparently a big deal :D
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Something's wrong with the website. :( I just see a list when I go there.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325