Handy

Moderator: Moderators

darkhornet
Occasional

Re: Handy

Post by darkhornet »

I hate Fancy as a song, but I think it's ripe to make a good parody. It's a bit catchy, and has some interesting sounds. It's a lot like Ridin' with White and Nerdy.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

TMBJon wrote:
Bruce the Duck wrote:with "Blurred Lines" right behind
As catchy as it is, it's hard to say Blurred Lines is a good song given its decidedly pro-rape message. To be clear, this is different from the usual debate we've had about whether a song can be objectively bad. Setting that aside, since the song explicitly advocates raping women, I can't say I'm a fan. :*
It's definitely a very creepy song, and I think the fact that it's so catchy makes it even creepier.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Eddie Pepitone posted a photo of himself and Al in what appears to be his "Handy" costume on Instagram.
Shot a video with @alfredyankovic today. New album Mandatory Fun is out July 15!
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

That's so awesome!! Now I'm really hoping this is the parody of Fancy and realllly hoping this video is big-budget live action!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

quantumerror wrote:That's so awesome!! Now I'm really hoping this is the parody of Fancy and realllly hoping this video is big-budget live action!
That photo seems like something close to confirmation!

official Handy emoticon: :w
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I think just the timeline of when Al's last two live action videos were supposedly shot suggest that "Handy" is the "Fancy" parody and "Tacky" is the "Happy" parody when you cross-reference it with the 2014 recording dates.

Al was shooting a video on June 15. This could've been for one of the songs recorded on 4/15 and that song could've been "Tacky".

The video Al shot today was probably for the song recorded sometime between June 7 and June 12th (which is obviously the "Fancy" parody he came to my home state just to get permission for).
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

Killingsworth wrote:(which is obviously the "Fancy" parody he came to my home state just to get permission for).
You love bringing that up, don't you? :lol:
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

quantumerror wrote:You love bringing that up, don't you? :lol:
Why wouldn't I?
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

I wonder if anything is going to be similar to I'll Repair For You with this..
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

In case anyone doesn't know, Eddie Pepitone is appears pretty regularly in comedy segments on Conan. Perhaps Al will perform Handy on Conan after all.