Handy

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Handy

Post by TMBJon »

I really did!! Yankochick38 can back me up on this; I told her about it when it happened!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

TMBJon wrote:
mrmeadows wrote:Was it a legit business? That would be very coincidental. Maybe it was a truck that was painted for use in the video! You ARE in Los Angeles, after all.
I really don't think it was a tie-in to the video. There wasn't much funny about the design at all, just a realistic handyman's truck. I think it was just fate speaking to me.
I don't think the design itself would have to be funny for it to be in the video.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

TMBJon wrote:I really did!! Yankochick38 can back me up on this; I told her about it when it happened!
Yeah he did, he's been talkin about it and how the Fancy parody will be Handy for weeks now. It's gotten kind of annoying.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

In regards to a previously discussed topic re: Fancy - the screencap that was posted earlier today lists "Handy" as 2:56. "Fancy" is 3:19.

Something was cut.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

JEDM wrote:The screencap that was posted earlier today lists "Handy" as 2:56. "Fancy" is 3:19. Something was cut.
All the parodies were shortened.
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

It's not a huge cut, so I'm guessing it's the second "who dat" verse.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I agree about the second Who Dat verse. In fact, I predicted that last week at some point.

Also, remember that Al tends to speed up the tempo of the tracks a little bit, so that will account for some of the shortening.
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

Just throwing this out there, but it could it also be possible that instead of being about a person who is handy, and more about things that are handy, simple conveniences that we have available to us?
CheeseSandwich

Post by CheeseSandwich »

I actually think that "Handy" song will be a parody of Happy. I mean think of it, the concept of it being a song about repairing fits too well. And how many people think that Fancy is considered top song material. Al usually puts hit songs at the top of his main albums, I mean why you think Whatever You Like didn't appear at the top of Alpocalypse?
So Handy will most likely be Happy and Tacky will be Fancy
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

CheeseSandwich wrote:I actually think that "Handy" song will be a parody of Happy. I mean think of it, the concept of it being a song about repairing fits too well. And how many people think that Fancy is considered top song material. Al usually puts hit songs at the top of his main albums, I mean why you think Whatever You Like didn't appear at the top of Alpocalypse?
So Handy will most likely be Happy and Tacky will be Fancy
Fancy is the more current hit, though. And it is a hit. It currently tops the Billboard Hot 100 list and has for four weeks now.