Handy

Moderator: Moderators

Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Re: Handy

Post by Big Spoon »

He did say there'd be a few surprises in here...
And Peggy
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Big Spoon wrote:He did say there'd be a few surprises in here...
Another good point. Absolutely none of the parody targets are really surprises, as all of them were talked about at great length in the speculation thread. And it would certainly be a huge surprise to find out that the song we've been anticipating as the lead track is NOT the lead track after all. :think:
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

...even though there isn't a "lead" track.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Well, see there is a "lead track." The lead track is just the first track on an album. But there's not a lead single. MEaning the first song won't be released early ahead of the album. I would think if the "Fancy" parody was going to have a video, he would definitely release it as a "lead single".

This is starting to drive me nuts.
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

Bruce the Duck wrote:Well, see there is a "lead track." The lead track is just the first track on an album. But there's not a lead single. MEaning the first song won't be released early ahead of the album. I would think if the "Fancy" parody was going to have a video, he would definitely release it as a "lead single".
Ah, yes. That's true. I misread your post.

Iggy's still atop the Billboard Hot 100 for now. If Handy is "Happy" instead of "Fancy", I'll be curious as to why Al chose a lead target that's a few months old rather than one that's still at #1.
Yup.
Die-hard Fan
Awards: Best Yankochick (-18) Nominee

Post by Yup. »

What's driving me nuts is he's releasing a video a day before the album comes out, so wouldn't that make THAT SONG the lead single?
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Maybe "Tacky" wasn't strong enough of a parody? Maybe he already had a video planned for "Word Crimes" or "Handy" and didn't want to delay the album any longer once he got the final parody.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Yup. wrote:What's driving me nuts is he's releasing a video a day before the album comes out, so wouldn't that make THAT SONG the lead single?
Not really, especially if it's an original. "Don't Download This Song" wasn't considered the lead single for SOL.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Bruce the Duck wrote: I would think if the "Fancy" parody was going to have a video, he would definitely release it as a "lead single".
But there are going to be eight videos for this album, and who's to say more than one parody doesn't end up getting a video? He could have done videos for both "Handy" and "Word Crimes," and neither one of them would necessarily have to be considered the lead single.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Kevbo1987 wrote:
Bruce the Duck wrote: I would think if the "Fancy" parody was going to have a video, he would definitely release it as a "lead single".
But there are going to be eight videos for this album, and who's to say more than one parody doesn't end up getting a video? He could have done videos for both "Handy" and "Word Crimes," and neither one of them would necessarily have to be considered the lead single.
Well, yeah, but I would think Fancy would still be the "lead" single, in that he'd release it a week early to promote the album. Even releasing it the day before the album comes out, I would still call that the "lead single". I know Al was sort of joking with that post anyway, but it's a possibility.