Handy

Moderator: Moderators

offbeatbryce
Occasional

Re: Handy

Post by offbeatbryce »

it's right before he starts the line about the screwdriver. There is a sound effect and I hear behind it "freeze" then "Planks" then right after "Glue it Glue it."
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

Tacky is another great song from the album. Love the music video. Reminds me of Hardware Store, I suppose, because of the tool theme.
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

Sorry, I had to share this laaaaame thing I just did XD

I just got the Manditory Fun record so AL can sign it next month. I bought it on ebay....

This is the feedback I left.... (Limited characters).

"so handy Y'already know they'll deliver your records, their shiping rates are low"

*Hides*
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

algonacchick wrote:I just saw a tweet in Al's feed that said Handy was playing in the background during morning announcements at Bristol-Plymouth High, which is a technical school in Taunton, MA. Their football team is called the Craftsmen. Kinda cool, eh?
Holy crap! They KNEW what they were doing! They just NEW! Makes me smile as Taunton isn't too too far from me (I live in RI).

This song reminds me of one of my best friends who's a really good handyman so at the concert I went to I was like "Dad, this is *insert name of friend here*'s theme!" :D
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Interesting Shower Thought I found on reddit - the opening lines of Handy (and Mandatory Fun) also refer to Al's career.
First things first, I'm a craftsman
Al works incredibly hard to replicate the originals he parodies.
Remodeling is my only passion
Al's parodies can be considered as "remodeling" the original songs.
And I'm the greatest in the business
Al is so well known as a parodist that any half-decent parody gets attributed to him.
Want referrals, yo? My clientele will bear you witness
His clientele (us) has been fanatical over decades.
And Peggy
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Mind blown. Also one time I had trouble with a door and he said in the song that said he could help me. Ultimately I got it myself, but he totally could've helped if I didnt

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

It's not perfect by any means, totally admit that. Just an interest train of thought about this song. And I'm pretty much 100% sure this wasn't intentional, just a Weird Al fan overanalyzing something, which isn't something new to the fandom at all.
And Peggy
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I have totally thought of this before! That is wild Spoon. Pretty cool.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Post by senorconebra »

algonacchick wrote:I just saw a tweet in Al's feed that said Handy was playing in the background during morning announcements at Bristol-Plymouth High, which is a technical school in Taunton, MA. Their football team is called the Craftsmen. Kinda cool, eh?
BP!! My grandmother lives right down the street. I have some friends that go there and I have a bunch of family members and family friends that have gone there. They played Handy the first day of my sophomore year during the announcements too. That's awesome haha
conk or bepis