To Spoil Or Not To Spoil?

Moderator: Moderators

mrmeadows
Obsessed

Re: To Spoil Or Not To Spoil?

Post by mrmeadows »

HappyGilmore wrote:If it were to leak online tomorrow, I'd listen. Do I feel bad? No.

I buy everything Al releases, sometimes twice over. I've all his albums on cassette and cd, and they're on my iPod. I still plan on purchasing this on the 15th regardless. I'll still have the physical cd aspect.
What he said.
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

I'll listen to the leak, but still purchase it.
Let me be your stripper.

Lansing MI: 7/11/07
Jackson MI: 9/23/07
Chesaning MI: 7/17/08
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Bruce the Duck wrote:I've never listened to early leaks. I will wait until July 15th.
:lookaround: :S
cromulnt
Occasional

Post by cromulnt »

I'm trying to show some restraint. I told myself I'd listen to the polka and one parody, in order to whet my appetite for new Al without spoiling too much. I was initially thinking of going with "Handy" as my preview track since it's the closest thing to a proper lead single, but ultimately decided to listen to "Foil" just because I was so darn curious about the direction Al would take with that one. So far I'm content not to listen to any more (and no, that's not a dig at the songs), but we'll see how well I hold up.

I admit that I also peeked at the original threads to see which style each song was in, but tried to avoid spoiling the lyrics as much as possible. I did end up getting a bit more than I bargained for with "Jackson Park Express", but considering the length of the song, that shouldn't be too much of an issue.
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

I've been avoiding lyrics spoilers, but it's interesting to see how everything is shaping up just from out-of-context bits and pieces.

Although, I did look at the lyrics to the polka because it's pretty difficult to get a feel for it without the music.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Mystik Tomato wrote:I've been avoiding lyrics spoilers, but it's interesting to see how everything is shaping up just from out-of-context bits and pieces.

Although, I did look at the lyrics to the polka because it's pretty difficult to get a feel for it without the music.
Yeah, I've heard the song, and I can tell you that even knowing the lyrics, there are PLENTY of really great surprises in there that you're going to love.
Noodles
Occasional

Post by Noodles »

I really want to avoid spoilers, especially with the album coming out so soon, but I was not able to stop myself from reading the spoiler thread. However, I am keeping myself from reading the lyric threads.
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

By the time my cd arrives.. (and it will, as I pre-ordered the first day) it will be at least the 5th of August, probably later, so sure I will listen to it as soon as possible. It's bad enough being on another continent and standing zero chance of returning for this next tour without the added indignity of not hearing the album when all you lot hear it
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I decided to seek out and listen to the all the leaked tracks once i heard they were available. I just stopped giving a flying smurf about non lyrical spoilers at this point.

I already preodered the CD from Amazon and will probably buy and download a copy form iTunes, but it really aggravated me to hear so many people on social media and this very forum talking about it (including our own beloved percussionist bermuda) that I really couldn't stop myself.

There, I finally got that off my chest.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

I've heard it.

Didn't download it at all. But I heard it.

I can't wait til the physical version arrives in the mail.

I like having the booklet in my hands as I read the lyrics and such.