Moderator: Moderators

Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Re: To Spoil Or Not To Spoil?

Post by Muppetboy09 »

I NEED THOSE 30 SECOND PREVIEWS!!! I am so impatient when I find out the track list, and I just want to hear a little bit :onfire:
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

If the full album leaks, it will be difficult for me to resist listening to it early, though I will try my absolute best. If one or two songs leak early, I won't listen to them. I definitely want to hear all twelve songs consecutively when I listen for the first time. As of right now, I don't plan on watching the video Al puts out on the 14th until the 15th, but we'll see if I can resist the temptation.
Cameron the Taco
Occasional

Post by Cameron the Taco »

Well, I might listen to the 30 second preview of Jackson Park Express...
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

Not a fan of 30-second previews, but would probably listen to the originals just long enough to figure out the style.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Kevbo1987 wrote:If the full album leaks, it will be difficult for me to resist listening to it early, though I will try my absolute best. If one or two songs leak early, I won't listen to them. I definitely want to hear all twelve songs consecutively when I listen for the first time. As of right now, I don't plan on watching the video Al puts out on the 14th until the 15th, but we'll see if I can resist the temptation.
Wow, I'm not that much of a purist. The minute I find out a song is available to listen to, I'll be there.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

As soon as a full length song is officially released, I'll listen to it. DEFINITELY no 30-second clips for me! Hoping it all comes at once on July 15.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Yup.
Die-hard Fan
Awards: Best Yankochick (-18) Nominee

Post by Yup. »

Marko_The_Odd wrote:And though I doubt it will happen, there's also the possibility of one of the songs getting played on Weird Al's appearance on Jonah Raydio this week.
Would you mind terribly linking that?
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I wouldn't mind listening to 30-second clips. I kind of get some peoples' aversion to them, but I can't say that I happen to share it.

I'll probably listen to the whole album however it gets to me first whether it leaks or I get it from Amazon that day. As long as the videos will still be fresh and new to me, it's good to listen to the songs whenever they come out.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

The one spoiler area I will try to avoid is reading any lyrics (therefore spoiling the jokes) before actually listening to the songs. I would also want to not know what the originals are style parodies of before I can listen and try to decipher them myself. Other than that, I don't consider actually listening to a song ahead of the official release to be a spoiler. If it's the actual song, I guess I don't get what's being spoiled? I kinda get the 30 second snippets being spoilers (in a way), but not if it's the full song.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I'm a big Star Wars fan. In 1999, when The Phantom Menace was coming out, I was in a store and saw one of those children's novelizations. I skimmed through it really quickly without really focusing on the content and I saw a picture of Darth Maul sliced in half. That ruined the entire climax of the movie for me.

A similar thing happened when I was bing-watching the entire series of Breaking Bad. I foolishly googled Gus Fring once his character was introduced, and came across a picture from his very last scene. Completely ruined that scene for me.

Reading lyrics or hearing 30-second samples would be just like those experiences for me. In fact, I remember reading the lyrics to "Couch Potato" too, which ruined the song for me the first time I saw it. Depending on how early the leaks come, I might cave in and listen to the whole album early. But it's the whole album or nothing for me.