Word Crimes

Moderator: Moderators

Heds
Obsessed
Posts: 1776
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:43 pm

Re: Word Crimes

Post by Heds »

TMBJon wrote:
Heds wrote:Good 'ol Murica is normal while Divided Kingdom is filled with politics and other arguments.
We have our fair share of politics and other arguments over here, too.
But after the elections, they *might* go normal depending on whom this country across the pond chooses ;)
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
mellow weasel
Obsessed
Posts: 2088
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: Lithuania (Europe)

Re: Word Crimes

Post by mellow weasel »

Heds wrote:MEANWHILE in the United States it would simply mean you write like a hyperactive person.
I might be wrong, but I thought that in US "spastic" means just someone experiencing spasms, like a medical term :?

User avatar
Sappho
Obsessed
Posts: 1105
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:37 pm
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Re: Word Crimes

Post by Sappho »

mellow weasel wrote:
Heds wrote:MEANWHILE in the United States it would simply mean you write like a hyperactive person.
I might be wrong, but I thought that in US "spastic" means just someone experiencing spasms, like a medical term :?
You're not wrong. It is a medical term (like the spastic bladder mentioned in If That Isn't Love), but it also has this non-medical meaning in common speech.
Love and peace.

User avatar
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Posts: 20485
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:24 pm
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Contact:

Re: Word Crimes

Post by TMBJon »

Heds wrote:But after the elections, they *might* go normal depending on whom this country across the pond chooses ;)
Regardless of which candidate becomes president, the US will continue to have extremely heated political arguments.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.

minnick27
Off The Deep End
Posts: 6489
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2002 2:00 am
Location: philly
Contact:

Re: Word Crimes

Post by minnick27 »

Especially if the one I like loses[emoji35]

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ

User avatar
Big Spoon
Welp.
Posts: 28058
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:44 pm
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)
Location: Pacific Palisades, CA
Contact:

Re: Word Crimes

Post by Big Spoon »

Yep, 95.27% of all political arguments in the US are started by Mike.

Image
And Peggy

arteitle
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Word Crimes

Post by arteitle »

Muppetboy09 wrote:It looks like it has been fixed, but the error did last for a couple weeks, I believe.
It wasn't fixed last night for his concert at The Toledo Zoo... I was wondering whether he was going to sing the "spastic" line, and when he got to that point in the song he did sing it, but the video had been edited to remove it, got out of sync with the song, and ended before the song was over.

User avatar
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Posts: 1710
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:32 pm
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)
Contact:

Re: Word Crimes

Post by Muppetboy09 »

arteitle wrote:
Muppetboy09 wrote:It looks like it has been fixed, but the error did last for a couple weeks, I believe.
It wasn't fixed last night for his concert at The Toledo Zoo... I was wondering whether he was going to sing the "spastic" line, and when he got to that point in the song he did sing it, but the video had been edited to remove it, got out of sync with the song, and ended before the song was over.
In that case, it is sometimes fixed...how the hell does that work? It was fixed last week!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic

TenPoundHammer
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:30 am

Re: Word Crimes

Post by TenPoundHammer »

I know the video was messed up for the concert in Bay City, Michigan on June 25. Interesting that he cut that part out entirely and his video people didn't get back around to fixing it.

User avatar
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!
Posts: 53948
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2001 2:00 am
Location: ALgonac, MI
Contact:

Re: Word Crimes

Post by algonacchick »

I am trying to explain to someone on youtube why Al used an apostrophe where it says "Learn your ABC's, doofus." I said that the ABC logo was used, so the apostrophe was used as a possessive, since the logo is owned by ABC. Am I wrong here?
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325

Post Reply