Word Crimes

Moderator: Moderators

tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Re: Word Crimes

Post by tomatochives »

mrmeadows wrote:Holy smurf! I should have remembered that MC Grammar bit from So Random! I work at the darned Disney Channel, for crying out loud! Granted, that sketch was from a long time ago....
You work at the Disney Channel? Cool! What do you do?
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Bruce the Duck wrote:I think there's a decent chance that the Jack Black video is "Word Crimes". But I still don't think Jack Black will be performing anything on the track itself. I hope I'm wrong though.
He tweeted though a pic of a sheet from the shoot he was part of, and it said "Fanny pack." That seems to fit much more with Handy than Word Crimes.
And Peggy
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Yeah, I know. It's a decent chance, I wouldn't go so far as to say likely. But it's a decent chance. In the video for "Word Crimes" there are three women, and he cast three women for that same video with Black. Not a slam dunk by any means, but a possibility.

Anyway, every time I try to type "fannypack" I type it as a compound word, which my computer tells me is wrong. So, isn't that a "word crime?" :P
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I always end up typing "fannypack" as one word, too.
And Peggy
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

tomatochives wrote:
mrmeadows wrote: You work at the Disney Channel? Cool! What do you do?
I'm post production manager for original series. Just a glorified office job, not as exciting as it sounds. :) But I do remember the MC Grammar videos (we did a couple of them) from So Random. They were okay for what they were (skits for 12 year olds), but the songs weren't anything you would want on your iPod. I think "Word Crimes" is going to actually take a song with cruddy lyrics and decently funky instrumentals and turn it into an actual good song. I get what you're saying about the subject matter being old hat, but it IS uncharted territory for Al. I bet he comes up with some fresh jokes.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Bruce the Duck wrote:In the video for "Word Crimes" there are three women, and he cast three women for that same video with Black. Not a slam dunk by any means, but a possibility.
The famous Three Women Theory. :think:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

I hate that I have to listen to Blurred Lines for this. >_< At least this means Word Crimes will be hella catchy.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

yankochick38 wrote:I hate that I have to listen to Blurred Lines for this. >_< At least this means Word Crimes will be hella catchy.
You and me both. Fancy is getting a tad catchy on further listens but I still don't want to listen to Blurred Lines more than I have to. I have faith in Al to make the parody listenable!
Is my dude a dweeb?
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

TMBJon wrote:
Bruce the Duck wrote:In the video for "Word Crimes" there are three women, and he cast three women for that same video with Black. Not a slam dunk by any means, but a possibility.
The famous Three Women Theory. :think:
Hypothesis. Not theory. Another "word crime" that is a pet peeve.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Big Spoon wrote:
Bruce the Duck wrote:I think there's a decent chance that the Jack Black video is "Word Crimes". But I still don't think Jack Black will be performing anything on the track itself. I hope I'm wrong though.
He tweeted though a pic of a sheet from the shoot he was part of, and it said "Fanny pack." That seems to fit much more with Handy than Word Crimes.
Seems to fit with Tacky more than Word Crimes :up:
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia