Word Crimes

Moderator: Moderators

tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Re: Word Crimes

Post by tomatochives »

mrmeadows wrote:Political words? I don't follow....
Things like hate-speech laws. But now that I think about it, that's probably too "adult."
As for bad grammar being a trite topic, are there other songs that go into this? I think TLI had one on semicolon misuse that was pretty funny, but I can't think of any others.
I just meant poor grammar is a fairly common topic for satire. Some examples...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPWaC0UK5zg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj6QqCH7g0Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwFCZSd7Fvo
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Holy smurf! I should have remembered that MC Grammar bit from So Random! I work at the darned Disney Channel, for crying out loud! Granted, that sketch was from a long time ago....

But I see your point. Still, I think Al's take will be clever and funny. I'm not worried about it being trite.

And no, I don't think Al will wade into the hate-speech waters. Not his style.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

The one thing I most hope that Al covers in this song is the use of adjectives in place of adverbs. I hear this all the time and it drives me nuts.
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Bruce the Duck wrote:The one thing I most hope that Al covers in this song is the use of adjectives in place of adverbs. I hear this all the time and it drives me nuts.
I thought you were a descriptivist! :P
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

The Sporkman wrote:
Bruce the Duck wrote:The one thing I most hope that Al covers in this song is the use of adjectives in place of adverbs. I hear this all the time and it drives me nuts.
I thought you were a descriptivist! :P
Touche :lol:
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

tomatochives wrote: Things like hate-speech laws. But now that I think about it, that's probably too "adult."
url]
[/quote]

Then again, Al has been getting edgier as he gets older. Maybe it will be a list song of every racial and sexist epithet. (J/k)
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

mrmeadows wrote:
tomatochives wrote: Things like hate-speech laws. But now that I think about it, that's probably too "adult."
url]
Then again, Al has been getting edgier as he gets older. Maybe it will be a list song of every racial and sexist epithet. (J/k)[/quote]

I know you were joking, and I wouldn't really want Al to do that nor do I think he would, but it would be really great in a way if he were able to make a song even more offensive than the original.
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

So, Word Crimes is 3:43, and Blurred Lines is 4:24.

My guess is that T.I.'s verse was cut, as it's around 35 seconds long. This would also mean that Al would only be doing the parts of two people (Robin Thicke, Pharrell) instead of three, which makes more sense in my head for some reason. Though some people have been speculating that the video for Word Crimes is the video Jack Black was in, and that Jack Black will be doing vocals on this track.

What do you all think?
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I think there's a decent chance that the Jack Black video is "Word Crimes". But I still don't think Jack Black will be performing anything on the track itself. I hope I'm wrong though.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Whatever video Jack Black is in, I'm picturing him as the new Drew Carey in Pentiums
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash