Foil

Moderator: Moderators

The Sporkman
Addicted

Re: Foil

Post by The Sporkman »

I bet Al's really messing with us, and "Foil" will be a parody of "Radioactive." "Inactive" will of course be a parody of "Blurred Lines," and "Word Crimes" will be the polka. "NOW That's What I Call Polka" will clearly be a parody of "We Can't Stop."
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

Its obviously a parody of Tattoo by Jordin Sparks.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

"Foil" and "Roar" sound absolutely nothing alike. "Royals" is the obvious target. Bermuda said the parody targets would be obvious from the song titles; I trust him.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

My main point in saying that it could be something other than Royals is the fact that, hey, guess what? We don't have absolute confirmation that it is. Is it most likely going to be Royals? Yeah.

But it's stupid to immediately go "Oh it's definitely this, I won't accept any other possibilites as the target". Everyone was so SURE that TMZ was going to be a parody of Teenage Dream. Everyone was so SURE that the Usher parody was going to be Yeah.

I mean, holy smurf, I am not going to be surprised in the slightest if it's Royals. It was number 2 in the Triple J Hot 100 this year (The only music list that matters, thank you). I would be surprised if it does wind up being Roar. That doesn't mean there can't be speculation on if it is or isn't.

smurf, there's an argument going on now about "Is the Fancy parody Handy or Tacky?" What is the difference between that discussion and this one?
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

The only difference is what Bermuda said. "TMZ" could have been "Teenage Dream". It wasn't but it could have been. And "Tacky" could be "Fancy". It probably isn't, but it could be. I don't think "Foil" could be "Roar" because of what Bermuda said. That's all. Nothing wrong with anyone speculating, but this speculation seems unlikely.
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

Yeah, the only reason for there to possibly be confusion between "Handy" and "Tacky" is because they sound similar and the Fancy parody was recorded after Bermuda made that statement about the parody targets being obvious.

And remember, Bermuda seems to be a lot more open about things this time than he has for past albums. And by open, I really just mean "present".
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

Moving past this silly debate and discussing the song as if it's a Royals parody (which it is)...

Seeing as Foil is 2:22 and Royals is 3:11, I think it's very safe to assume the song ends after the second chorus, and only the bridge and third chorus will be cut.

Usually I prefer when songs aren't shortened for the parodies, but if this is indeed a classic food-based parody, I think the shortened length will actually be beneficial. It seems like two verses and two choruses is enough to talk about tin foil and related foods to make a funny parody.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

I openly admitted that Roar was a wildly unlikely option but I'm pretty sure I heard that we were still allowed to speculate even after the titles had been revealed.

Bruce had his heart set on "Tattoo" last album and so I want to be the stubborn one for this album.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

I really don't think this is a food parody. No, I have nothing to back this up.
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

santidejr wrote:Isn't that how they make meth? I smell breaking bad parody here.
Could that photo of Al with the BB cast be for a video shoot? But would Al make a song about meth?
Let me be your stripper.

Lansing MI: 7/11/07
Jackson MI: 9/23/07
Chesaning MI: 7/17/08