Post by Good Enough For Now »

Spoiler:
Yes.
:)
Skippy
Addicted

Re: [spoiler][lyrics] Inactive

Post by Skippy »

Hey, Good Enough For Now, since you have the actual CD, are the lyrics really hard to understand? On the copy we're all listening to (I'm assuming) there's a lot of distortion and it just sounds... fuzzy. I know that's not too different from the original, but usually Al corrects things like this and puts the vocals at the forefront since that's the whole point of a parody.

Just curious if it's going to sound better on Tuesday or if I need to get used to not listening to this one much.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I really don't think it sounds that bad. The vocals sound pretty much the same as in "Radioactive."
darkhornet
Occasional

Post by darkhornet »

Bruce the Duck wrote:I really don't think it sounds that bad. The vocals sound pretty much the same as in "Radioactive."
I agree. I think it's as it should be.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I'm definitely going to delete the files on my computer and replace them with ones I rip from the CD when it shows up in the mail next week in hopes of getting better quality. Or I may download them from iTunes on Tuesday, have some money saved up.
And Peggy
FreeDeliveryFan
Occasional

Post by FreeDeliveryFan »

I haven't heard it in awhile, but I think that's pretty much how "Radioactive" sounds itself, but yeah in a way I felt a little off about the vocals the first time I listened. Not my favorite but I like it enough.
"Near...far...I'll Jump In My Car!"
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

I'll listen to Radioactive and see if it's that drastic. Still, it seems like even in those cases, Al pushes the vocals to the front and they really just seem buried here. I'll definitely be replacing this copy with the CD files on Tuesday.

edit: I found the problem. I wasn't listening to it LOUD ENOUGH!!
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

The whole CD sounded clearer in my laptop (which I intentionally acquired due to its better-than-regular-laptop-speakers sound) than on my TV.
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

AlejandraDD wrote:The whole CD sounded clearer in my laptop (which I intentionally acquired due to its better-than-regular-laptop-speakers sound) than on my TV.
That bodes well for my car then, where the CD will permanently reside, possibly forever.
Good Enough For Now
Occasional

Post by Good Enough For Now »

Skippy wrote:Hey, Good Enough For Now, since you have the actual CD, are the lyrics really hard to understand? On the copy we're all listening to (I'm assuming) there's a lot of distortion and it just sounds... fuzzy. I know that's not too different from the original, but usually Al corrects things like this and puts the vocals at the forefront since that's the whole point of a parody.

Just curious if it's going to sound better on Tuesday or if I need to get used to not listening to this one much.
I haven't heard the leak, but this track does sound very distorted on the CD. I assumed they just smashed the levels for effect but since the trend with CD mastering these days is to make everything as loud as possible, it's hard to tell what was intended.