The iTunes Pre-Order (And Track List Announcement!!) - July 1

Moderator: Moderators

Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Re: The iTunes Pre-Order (And Track List Announcement!!) - J

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

So I assume with the iTunes tracklisting we'll also know the parody targets, though not necessarily the polkas, since iTunes tends to list the original song in the title, right?
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Even it iTunes doesn't list the original song targets, Bermuda said that we should be able to figure out the songs being parodied pretty easily based on the parody titles. It shouldn't be another "TMZ" or "Another Tattoo" deal, where the target songs aren't obvious.

But you're right: we'll probably have to wait until we actually hear the polka for those targets.
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

mrmeadows wrote:Even it iTunes doesn't list the original song targets, Bermuda said that we should be able to figure out the songs being parodied pretty easily based on the parody titles. It shouldn't be another "TMZ" or "Another Tattoo" deal, where the target songs aren't obvious.
I thought he meant we weren't getting song titles like "The Saga Begins","Couch Potato" or "Cavity Search", where the title bears no resemblance to the original's title or it's chorus, whereas something like "Another Tattoo" is derived from "Nothin On You", it's just a bit of stretch that isn't completely obvious.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

mrmeadows wrote:Bermuda said that we should be able to figure out the songs being parodied pretty easily based on the parody titles.
Don't worry. This is WOWAY. We'll find a way to have incredibly wrong predictions regardless of how easy it may be to guess.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Yup.
Die-hard Fan
Awards: Best Yankochick (-18) Nominee

Post by Yup. »

My question is, if iTunes is releasing the track list, doesn't each song have like a 30-second preview when you look at it on iTunes? (If you can't tell, I don' use iTunes very often.)
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Marko_The_Odd wrote: I thought he meant we weren't getting song titles like "The Saga Begins","Couch Potato" or "Cavity Search", where the title bears no resemblance to the original's title or it's chorus, whereas something like "Another Tattoo" is derived from "Nothin On You", it's just a bit of stretch that isn't completely obvious.
Perhaps that's what he meant, but without going back and finding exactly what he said, my recollection is that he implied we "shouldn't have any trouble" figuring it out from the titles. The way I took it was that most (or all?) of the titles would be closer to "Canadian Idiot" or "Party in the CIA" than any of the above.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Yup. wrote:My question is, if iTunes is releasing the track list, doesn't each song have like a 30-second preview when you look at it on iTunes? (If you can't tell, I don' use iTunes very often.)
There are 30 second previews for albums already on iTunes, but not usually for pre-orders. Just the names are shown, but without a preview to click on.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Re: Mandatory Fun (Album 14) Speculation :3

Post by Grom »

TMBJon wrote:Wow, Grom's dream came true!!!!
Ahem, my prediction came true. BS is the one who's been dreaming of me and leaking.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I'll be out of town for this, which makes the prospect of going info-free somewhat tantalizing (although I'd need to stay away from WOWAY for another two weeks, and even that wouldn't guarantee that I'd be able to avoid finding out). AAARRRRGGGGHHHH
HiggyG
Occasional

Post by HiggyG »

Are we allowed to make full out track list predictions in this thread?