Fancy Parody - Song Thread

Moderator: Moderators

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Re: Fancy Parody - Song Thread

Post by minnick27 »

Kevbo1987 wrote:It will obviously be called "I'm So Lance-y," and it will be about Lance Bass and Lance Armstrong. That's the only reasonable conclusion.
Sounds like a cheap rewrite of Franken Green Jazeera
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Moneybags
Regular

Post by Moneybags »

Good ol' Franken Green Jazeera. Everyone assumed it'd be a Green Day parody because it had "Green" in the title. And then there was "Instant Reality" and "Trapped In The Polka"! Oh, what a great album that wasn't!
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

iTunes often releases the lead single of an album along with its pre-order. With that in mind, surely I'm not the only one hoping for such a release on Tuesday?
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

avesjohn wrote:iTunes often releases the lead single of an album along with its pre-order. With that in mind, surely I'm not the only one hoping for such a release on Tuesday?
Hmmm....I didn't realize that. I'd definitely be all for it, but wouldn't Al have mentioned that in his tweet about the iTunes preorder date (and tracklist unveiling) happening on 7/1? Seems like he would have wanted to advertise the release date of his big single, no?
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

While that does happen with some albums, I can also think of quite a few where that doesn't happen. So I'm not holding my breath.
And Peggy
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

It'd be awesome if it happened. If it does, it does. If not, only two more weeks.
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

Obviously it's not a sure thing, and Al's tweet certainly didn't indicate one way or the other if anything other than the tracklist would be released, and maybe he plans to release the lead single with the rest of the album and/or its music video...

But one can dream. :z

EDIT: As Al's new tweet indicates, a pre-album release of the "Fancy" parody was clearly not a sure thing. Oh well.
CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Post by CharlesNelson »

Mods, :lockit: please? :)
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!