NOW That's What I Call Polka!

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Mandatory Fun Polka

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Zeppelin is one of a handful of artist whose name has been tossed around for years as speculation for a future polka medley. However, the reason I and most others here doubt he'll do a themed polka for this album is that it's been three years since theast album and there are so many songs that have been popular that it would feel like Al's missing a great number of huge artists during this time period.

The only time Al has done an artist-specific polka has been a year after the previous release.

It could happen, but it's unlikely. I think though, after this album when Al is releasing things on his own schedule, there may be opportunity for a themed polka.
Moneybags
Regular

Post by Moneybags »

Bruce the Duck wrote:Zeppelin is one of a handful of artist whose name has been tossed around for years as speculation for a future polka medley. However, the reason I and most others here doubt he'll do a themed polka for this album is that it's been three years since theast album and there are so many songs that have been popular that it would feel like Al's missing a great number of huge artists during this time period.

The only time Al has done an artist-specific polka has been a year after the previous release.

It could happen, but it's unlikely. I think though, after this album when Al is releasing things on his own schedule, there may be opportunity for a themed polka.
Agreed on all counts. Plus, didn't Bermuda flat-out say that this polka wasn't Zeppelin-themed? Or did I dream that?
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Probably. Bermuda's been a lot more chatty and willing to debunk silly theories than I remember him being.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Bermuda wrote:No hints or allusions here - the new polka does not involve Led Zeppelin, their songs, their heirs, or attornies.

It is a fabulous polka nonetheless!
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=10708&p=801236&hil ... in#p801236" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WerewolfWario

Post by WerewolfWario »

Well, I can still dream.......
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

No, you're not alone. There's a homeless guy in D.C. who I occasionally see playing the accordion, and I want to pay him to arrange and perform a Led Zeppelin polka medley (if Al won't do it). It's something the world needs to hear.
Yup.
Die-hard Fan
Awards: Best Yankochick (-18) Nominee

Post by Yup. »

I have the strangest feeling that Gangnam Style will end up in the polka...
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY
WerewolfWario

Post by WerewolfWario »

I was hoping that there would be some things that even Al wouldn't touch, but I bet your feeling is correct.
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Which traditional polkas would you like to hear worked into the medley this time around? ("Polkaface" had "Liechtensteiner Polka" and "The Tick Tock Polka"; "Polkarama!" had the "Chicken Dance"; "Polkas on 45" had the "Beer Barrel Polka"; etc.)

I know it's not technically a polka, but it would be cool to hear the Russian folk song "Korobeiniki" (famously used as the theme for Tetris) to go along with the Soviet theme of the cover.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

I could see that happening and it'd be awesome.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash