Mandatory Fun Chart Watch

Moderator: Moderators

louiethepotato

Re: Mandatory Fun Chart Watch

Post by louiethepotato »

I'm very satisfied at how my idols are performing...First Dale Jr won the Daytona 500, now this? I can die now.
spmahn
Die-hard Fan

Post by spmahn »

MatthewChojnacki wrote:
Teh Dingo wrote: So while PTW may have been seen as a weak single (And the Gaga saga probably did more harm than good), the figures pretty much make it clear that the album was already going to do fine on it's own, but the videos put it on a whole next level.
I think Internet Leaks kind of killed the momentum for Alpocalypse as well. For most 50% of Alpocalypse was more or less an extended re-release, whereas this album was 100% fresh.

But let's face it, this album also is spot on hilarity. Great reviews all around.
Alpocalypse killed the momentum of Alpocalypse. I know a lot of people here will disagree with me, but on the whole I really felt that Alpocalypse was a weak effort, lots of songs that were musically great, but not even close to the level of humor we expect from Al. Preform this Way and it's accompanying video also felt to me like a particular anemic effort that Al came up with at the 11th hour because he had the rest of the album in the can for so long, and needed something to lead off with, and couldn't wait any longer.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Mandatory Fun Chart Watch

Post by Kevbo1987 »

spmahn wrote:
MatthewChojnacki wrote: I think Internet Leaks kind of killed the momentum for Alpocalypse as well. For most 50% of Alpocalypse was more or less an extended re-release, whereas this album was 100% fresh.

But let's face it, this album also is spot on hilarity. Great reviews all around.

Alpocalypse killed the momentum of Alpocalypse. I know a lot of people here will disagree with me, but on the whole I really felt that Alpocalypse was a weak effort, lots of songs that were musically great, but not even close to the level of humor we expect from Al. Preform this Way and it's accompanying video also felt to me like a particular anemic effort that Al came up with at the 11th hour because he had the rest of the album in the can for so long, and needed something to lead off with, and couldn't wait any longer.
I don't think Alpocalypse was weak at all, but I do think MF is a much stronger album. I also think the videos are a huge reason why MF has done so well. Having several viral videos during the week of the album's release undoubtedly played a gigantic role in album sales.
Last edited by Kevbo1987 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
shakespeare234
Regular

Post by shakespeare234 »

Also, IMHO, the best tracks on Alpocalypse were the tracks from Internet Leaks.
Yankovic-Gretzky
Die-hard Fan

Post by Yankovic-Gretzky »

Hits Daily Double

Mandatory Fun now at 104,000 in sales

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yankovic-Gretzky
Die-hard Fan

Post by Yankovic-Gretzky »

It's official! Mandatory Fun will debut at # 1 on Billboard in the U.S., maybe Canada too!!

Diva
Addicted

Post by Diva »

I have been looking at the Billboard website and I can't find anything about Mandatory Fun. Could someone post a link to help me?

Cheers, Diva
Helllllp!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Hey Diva, check out this article in the NY Daily News:
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.1876326" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The figures are from HitsDailyDouble.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
RockerChickLovesAl
Addicted

Post by RockerChickLovesAl »

:whoot:

I have actual tears welled up in my eyes right now. Wow... Just wow. Congratulations to Al, Bermuda, Jim and Steve. I'm sooooo proud of them!! :yay: :yay: this is amazing news!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

The only thing we have from Billboard is a tweet from a contributor backing up the HITS numbers. Other than that, it is still not official official.....
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?