Mandatory Fun Chart Watch

Moderator: Moderators

Skippy
Addicted

Re: Mandatory Fun Chart Watch

Post by Skippy »

quantumerror wrote:I just can't imagine how happy Al would be if he managed to pull off a #1 spot..Not sure HOW likely that is, I definitely see this one doing better than Alpocalypse, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has been something Al has secretly wished for his whole career.
As a fan since "Eat It," my head will explode if this album hits #1. I can't even imagine Al's reaction. I mean, he seemed completely humbled earlier this week when the pre-order hit #1 on Amazon. No one deserves it more than he does.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Each album peaks higher and higher--I hope he decides to continue releasing albums until he hits the top spot.
spmahn
Die-hard Fan

Post by spmahn »

While it's certainly not IMPOSSIBLE, the odds of Al reaching #1 on the Billboard chart are infinitesimal at best, there are just way too many factors that drive sales which would make it exceedingly unlikely. Another factor to consider, since this is the last album Al has on his Sony contract, there's a chance that the label may not exactly go out of their way to promote the record.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

spmahn wrote:While it's certainly not IMPOSSIBLE, the odds of Al reaching #1 on the Billboard chart are infinitesimal at best, there are just way too many factors that drive sales which would make it exceedingly unlikely. Another factor to consider, since this is the last album Al has on his Sony contract, there's a chance that the label may not exactly go out of their way to promote the record.
I haven't exactly noticed the label spraining anything in its eagerness to promote ANY of Al's releases since I became a fan. And that lawsuit can't have sweetened things any.
bizarreblair
Occasional

Post by bizarreblair »

But they're still in the business to make money. I think it's safe to say that most promotional decisions at the "label level" will be made on the basis of profit.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

The fact that Billboard now includes YouTube plays into account when compiling the Hot 100 also makes me think that, if Al's video is a big enough hit, he can chart another single.
jbracciante
Addicted

Post by jbracciante »

Debuts Al is competing with, as well as sales figures from their previous albums. Courtesy of HITS Daily Double:

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/sales_ur.cgi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think we might see Al crack the top 5. I think he is at least slotted to come in at #8 or better.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

That would be hilarious if he gets beaten by Kidz Bop.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

I'd be surprised if he isn't top 5.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
Yup.
Die-hard Fan
Awards: Best Yankochick (-18) Nominee

Post by Yup. »

Bruce the Duck wrote:That would be hilarious if he gets beaten by Kidz Bop.
I'd buy as many copies as it takes to get him past Kidz Bop.
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY