The Amazon Pre-Order!

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Re: The Amazon Pre-Order!

Post by Wizzerkat »

Amazon is charging $8.98 to get the CD on release day. I am not sure it's worth that much in shipping charges. I probably would buy the mp3 anyway. Anyone getting cheaper shipping not related to being a member of something?
Is my dude a dweeb?
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

The release-date delivery is free with Prime, which I already had. I agree that $9 is crazy. I probably won't actually get the CD until that evening, so I'll be listening via AutoRip or one of the streaming sites until then.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Same here. UPS delivers around 6 PM in my neighborhood. I may just be too impatient and have to go searching at Wal-Mart.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

The time UPS delivers is different every day in my neighborhood. Some days it'll be around 11, other days, 5, some days it doesn't come till 8, and every time in between.
And Peggy
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

I usually get my Amazon deliveries through the USPS. Is it different with pre-orders? :unsure:
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I have Amazon Prime, and I'm hoping it shows up Monday night for some reason. If not, I'll download the files as soon as they are available - either from Amazon or iTunes if necessary.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Just remembered that my copy of Alpocalypse did show up the night before the official release. Thanks for sparking that memory, Jon!
And Peggy
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Well where I live there isn't even a release date so shut up. My brother's getting it from Amazon for my birthday but I'll probably just download it by whatever means necessary ASAP.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

With Bermuda's confirmation of not expecting an exclusive collectable with the album, and Jon saying that he had taken advantage of offers like that from Walmart before, I've canceled my pre-order. Still waiting it out to see how I want to get the album.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

A signed booklet is enough of a collectible for me! I'm keeping my Wal-Mart preorder. And my Amazon one. I have bought two copies of the previous two albums too. Might as well on this one too.