Sports Song

Moderator: Moderators

AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Re: Sports Song

Post by AlejandraDD »

Ever since I heard this song title, I can't stop singing "We like Sportz" by the Lonely Island https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEVdca9U9LM&feature=kp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, TENNIS HOCKEY, GOLF!
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

WeirdAbbott wrote:
tomatochives wrote:Here's the twist... It's not about CONTACT sports!

Imagine an anthem to golf, tennis, chess, curling and (most likely with Al) bowling, in the style of stadium glam rock! 8)
While I'm not the biggest KISS fan, I would love to see an arena-rock themed anthem about curling, chess, Quidditch, or other nerdy/obscure "sports". I think that'd be the way to go, rather than a repeat of the Garfunkle and Oates song (which I don't think could be improved on if it's the same topic.)
Well, within Harry Potter, Quidditch actually is a big stadium sport. So while it's nerdy it wouldn't really be ironic. But yeah, I'd love a big ballad about sports like curling, chess, bowling, etc. Sports that typically aren't associated with epic arenas.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

drewdy9999 wrote:
WeirdAbbott wrote: While I'm not the biggest KISS fan, I would love to see an arena-rock themed anthem about curling, chess, Quidditch, or other nerdy/obscure "sports". I think that'd be the way to go, rather than a repeat of the Garfunkle and Oates song (which I don't think could be improved on if it's the same topic.)
Well, within Harry Potter, Quidditch actually is a big stadium sport. So while it's nerdy it wouldn't really be ironic. But yeah, I'd love a big ballad about sports like curling, chess, bowling, etc. Sports that typically aren't associated with epic arenas.
True, but there are people that actually do play quidditch (minus the flying) so that brings it back down to incredibly nerdy and not a big stadium sport
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

Good Enough For Now mentioned that this is a style parody of
Spoiler:
Huey Lewis
I am so hyped for this now, like whoa. :whoot:

Well never mind then.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

You know what sucks? On the Tapatalk app the spoiler tag disappears when you are looking at the list of unread topics
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
NJAlFan

Post by NJAlFan »

Spoiler:
Decent song, I like the target and the idea but this feels like it was on the cutting room floor of his debut album.
coltsmetsfan614
Occasional

Post by coltsmetsfan614 »

Spoiler:
I'm not a huge fan of this one after the first listen. It feels pretty generic and not at all current. Hoping it will grow on me as I listen to it more and more!
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Spoiler:
There was something very Tom Lehrer-esque about this song. Or maybe it just reminded me of "Fight Fiercely, Harvard" because of the genre.
LovelySortsOfDeath
Occasional

Post by LovelySortsOfDeath »

Yeah this is very Tom Lehrer.
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

Spoiler:
When I heard this, I kinda thought of "Harvey The Wonder Hamster" - anyone else?
Let me be your stripper.

Lansing MI: 7/11/07
Jackson MI: 9/23/07
Chesaning MI: 7/17/08