Sports Song

Moderator: Moderators

CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Re: The "Super Bowl" Track (different than "Epic"!)

Post by CharlesNelson »

Skippy wrote:I don't know. The whole "clueless guy talks about sports" thing seems played out. I've heard half a dozen stand-up comedians do that bit and The Lonely Island has a song that's kind of in that vein. I'm sure Al could put a new spin on it, but if it's going to be about sports (and there's no reason it has to be) then I'd rather see him go for the jugular with a stadium-rock or hip hop song about how athletes put themselves in physical/medical danger for our entertainment, in a take-both-sides way like "TMZ" or "Don't Download This Song."
Really, really like that idea. But my question would be how NFL commissioner Roger Goodell would take that topic material being brought up in the middle of his sport's biggest self-celebration and self-promotion, if of course Al was to be asked to perform.
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

Good point. A song like that would pretty much guarantee that Al was never, ever asked to perform at the Super Bowl. It would be awesome though.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Skippy wrote:I don't know. The whole "clueless guy talks about sports" thing seems played out. I've heard half a dozen stand-up comedians do that bit and The Lonely Island has a song that's kind of in that vein. I'm sure Al could put a new spin on it, but if it's going to be about sports (and there's no reason it has to be) then I'd rather see him go for the jugular with a stadium-rock or hip hop song about how athletes put themselves in physical/medical danger for our entertainment, in a take-both-sides way like "TMZ" or "Don't Download This Song."
a rock and roll version of Andy Griffiths What it was, was football would be flippin awesome
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

And Peggy
Diva
Addicted

Post by Diva »

I'm not sure how much comedic gold can be mined from chronic traumatic encephalopathy. I could see mixing up sports as funny. I have caught myself on more than one occasion asking Greg what inning it was during a Broncos game. Also, as Al and I were reading MAD magazine in the same era, I'm sure he remembers their descriptions of 49 ( or was it 42?) man squeamish. I also find the role of special teams in football hilarious. The left-footed-into-the-wind-unless-it-is-snowing-or-the-moon-is-full place kicker, for example.

Cheers, Diva
Actually more into the NBA
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Diva wrote: Also, as Al and I were reading MAD magazine in the same era, I'm sure he remembers their descriptions of 49 ( or was it 42?) man squeamish. A
43. :)
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

Diva wrote: I'm not sure how much comedic gold can be mined from chronic traumatic encephalopathy.
Me either, but I'd sure like to find out.
Big Spoon
Welp.
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Based on the track listing announcement, I'm guessing this is
Spoiler:
Sports Song.
And Peggy
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Spoiler:
Clearly. I find the title itself to be rather funny. I know it's been talked about on the forum that Al has never done any sports-related songs before. The title seems like Al's way of saying, "Here's your stupid obligatory sports song."

I'm also wondering if this might be a style parody of KISS or some other arena-style rock band. Could be.
Big Spoon
Welp.
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)

Post by Big Spoon »

Bruce the Duck wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm also wondering if this might be a style parody of KISS or some other arena-style rock band. Could be.
Spoiler:
I'd love to see a KISS style parody!
And Peggy