Mandatory Fun Videos

Moderator: Moderators

The Sporkman
Addicted

Re: Mandatory Fun Videos

Post by The Sporkman »

Elvis already pointed out that Al's Handy outfit is the same as Schneider's from One Day at a Time.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

First, that could be completely coincidence. Second, it doesn't mean he couldn't also include an homage to "Home Improvement."
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

All videos will premiere around 11 am Eastern
Don't forget, I'll be premiering 8 brand new music videos - one every single day for 8 days - starting TOMORROW MORNING. (All the videos are scheduled to debut around 11 AM Eastern / 8 AM Pacific.) You have no choice but to enjoy them!!
Dave
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Great! Now, I don't have to bother staying up til midnight waiting for them to premiere each night.

Do we know yet where they will premiere? YouTube? VEVO? Different sites for different videos?
just2good
Occasional

Post by just2good »

Forgot to mention this a WHILE ago, but does anyone think DoogToons will be doing another video, for this album? There was a new In The Studio with Weird Al a few months ago after, like, a four year hiatus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwsNOZW10DQ
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Bruce the Duck wrote:Great! Now, I don't have to bother staying up til midnight waiting for them to premiere each night.

Do we know yet where they will premiere? YouTube? VEVO? Different sites for different videos?
I think Al mentioned somewhere it would be "all over his social media" or something like that. So I guess wherever it will be, he'll tweet a link :)
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Oh good, i go on break at 1100. I hope they all stick to that time
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

just2good wrote:Forgot to mention this a WHILE ago, but does anyone think DoogToons will be doing another video, for this album? There was a new In The Studio with Weird Al a few months ago after, like, a four year hiatus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwsNOZW10DQ
Yep. In fact, this has been discussed quite a bit, already.
And Peggy
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

So....remember the picture of a bowling ball taken in the location where Al was "location scouting?" Judging by the songs on Mandatory Fun, I have no idea what that would be for at this point.

Any ideas? Was it actually for one of these videos? If so, which one and why would there be a bowling ball in it?
Good Enough For Now
Occasional

Post by Good Enough For Now »

Wasn't it just for that comedy bowling event he did with uuuuh...those celebrities...none of whose names I can recall? (hopefully Matt Walsh wasn't one of them!) I think that may have been a red herring.