Mandatory Fun Videos

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Mandatory Fun Videos

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Oh, wow! How did I miss that? :lol: I saw it on "Tacky" but not "Word Crimes". That means 3 parodies on this album will have videos! And it leaves the door open that the Jack Black video might still be "Word Crimes." Hmmm

This also means that only 5 of the originals will have videos. I'm guessing either "Mission Statement" or JPE will not have videos.
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Muppetboy09 wrote:Note that Bermuda said that the video for Word Crimes is great, which means we DO get a video for that. Wonder what style the animator will take with it
Do we know it's not live action?
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

The Sporkman wrote:
Muppetboy09 wrote:Note that Bermuda said that the video for Word Crimes is great, which means we DO get a video for that. Wonder what style the animator will take with it
Do we know it's not live action?
No. It's a safe bet that either WC or Tacky or possibly both are live action. We don't know yet.
AccordionChick
Occasional

Post by AccordionChick »

I hope I'm not the only one hoping for a Foil video even if it's just a short Al TV kinda thing. I'd hate to see Al not replicate Lorde when she has such a defining look. It seems like it could be pretty low budget video too.

So we can basically confirm: Handy, Word Crimes, Tacky, Lame Claim To Fame, Sports Song

What I'm hoping for: Foil or First World Problems, Jackson Park Express, NOW That's What I Call Polka!

What I'm expecting: Mission Statement, My Own Eyes, Inactive
Last edited by AccordionChick on Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Concerts Attended: 1
September 19th, 2011 - Pikes Peak Center, Colorado Springs, CO

Some people say I'm the one who got Al to be in an Epic Rap Battles of History.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Realistically, since we know for sure that there will be three parody videos, I wouldn't count on a "Foil" one. That's not to say there won't be one down the line perhaps, like there was for "Do I Creep You Out," "Trapped in the Drive-Thru," and "Polka Face." Though if we get one, it'd probably be animated. I could envision some sort of construction-paper based stop-motion animation, using actual aluminum foil.
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

I forget the name of the guy directing the LCTF video, but based on his previous work, it'll likely use a combination of live action and animation.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Marko_The_Odd wrote:I forget the name of the guy directing the LCTF video, but based on his previous work, it'll likely use a combination of live action and animation.
Spoiler:
That makes sense - that's how they'd be able to get all those celebrities in the video (South Park style).
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

Although it would be super sweet if all the celebrities mentioned were actually in the video...but we all know that that is highly unlikely :lol:
Let me be your stripper.

Lansing MI: 7/11/07
Jackson MI: 9/23/07
Chesaning MI: 7/17/08
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

jacobpacek wrote:Although it would be super sweet if all the celebrities mentioned were actually in the video...but we all know that that is highly unlikely :lol:
In animation form, guy. :rolleyes:
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Just had a thought about the "Handy" video. The video for "Fancy" makes heavy reference to an old 90s movie - "Clueless." The context of "Clueless" wouldn't really fit the lyrics of "Handy."

What if instead, Al does an homage to the classic 90s TV sitcom "Home Improvement." Judging by the costumes for Al and Eddie Pepitone, he obviously would't be referencing the show or characters specifically, but I think it'd be cool if he had a little homage to "Home Improvement"'s opening title sequence in the style of the "Handy" video - like maybe involving the animated elements of the sequence.

Here are all the opening title sequences for "Home Improvement" for reference.