Mandatory Fun Videos

Moderator: Moderators

mellow weasel
Obsessed

Re: Mandatory Fun Videos

Post by mellow weasel »

Skippy wrote:<...>Either "Inactive" or "Foil" is getting a video. I'd love to see either of those as I think they would both be enhanced by a visual element.
I'd prefer "Foil", because I can't think of much that could be shown in "Inactive". Just a guy sitting and doing nothing? Although it could be funny if he just sit all through that dramatic song without actually moving :D
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

symphy wrote:So do you think Sports Song will be the original without love? Mission Statement would be so easy to do in kinetic typography that it seems silly not to do one, everyone loves My Own Eyes too much to be denied, First World Problems seems easily animatable , and I think some people might actually cry if Jackson Park Express isn't the last parody video released. :). Sports Song would seem the likely odd man out except that it could be a cute viral vid to send to your friends on game days. (The only thing preventing it from being used more, maybe even in stadiums, is the unfortunate line admitting that the home team isn't that great either -- blasphemy!)
We know that Al filmed a video with a marching band for Funny or Die, so thats pretty much set in stone
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
symphy
Occasional

Post by symphy »

I suppose technically the fourth video could be the polka -- that generally still counts as a "parody", and would allow Al to parody a wide variety of videos at once. Who wouldn't want to see Al riding a wrecking ball or doing the Gangham Style dance?
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

The polka doesn't count as a parody. It's a separate entity.
symphy
Occasional

Post by symphy »

But in the calculation of "4 parody videos and 4 original videos", where would it go, if it were to go somewhere? Or is it moot since there generally aren't videos for the medleys? :)
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I would guess we're not getting a video for the polka, which would be fine with me. I wouldn't mind a video for the polka, but I would much rather see a video for another song.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I'll probably merge all the Tacky video talk into the topic that exists already, but since this is one of the songs I haven't listened to yet (Gotta have some things to look forward to tonight), it will wait.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

I'll admit that I was thinking that "Word Crimes" was going to be the first to premiere. That being said, I think the references to Happy's video, and the celebrity guests was definitely a great premiere.

I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet to say that we'll be seeing Al in a tacky outfit when he performs this in the Mandatory Tour.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

If I may make a suggestion, Dingo, it might help to lock this topic now so that comments on the subsequent videos will only be made in their respective topics. That will make less work for the mods each day.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Excellent suggestion, Jeremy, thanks! :Y

Everyone please take this to the Tacky topic for now. We'll deal with the rest of the videos as they come out :)
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?