Moderator: Moderators

Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Re: Jackson Park Express

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Well, Well, Well wrote:I've yet to hear anything to convince me this is a top 5 Al song of all-time. I wouldn't even put in the top 5 on the album. I think I get what it's about, why it's funny, why it's crazy. it's just not that interesting or funny to me. Do you have to be a big Cat Stevens fan to like it?
I don't know. I think it is a very pretty arrangement (minus the twisted lyrics) and shows Al's musical abilities :lol:
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Well, Well, Well wrote:I've yet to hear anything to convince me this is a top 5 Al song of all-time. I wouldn't even put in the top 5 on the album. I think I get what it's about, why it's funny, why it's crazy. it's just not that interesting or funny to me. Do you have to be a big Cat Stevens fan to like it?
I agree. I like the song, but I don't want to remove it's skin and wear it over my skin, but not in a creepy way I'm not in love with it
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

It sounds like you get the song. I don't think this is one where you have to be ultra familiar with the source material. By the way, I know this is officially Cat Stevens, but I've been convinced there are more influences than just his stuff. Check out "Taxi" by Harry Chapin. I hear a lot from that song in JPX.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Good Enough For Now
Occasional

Post by Good Enough For Now »

MandatoryFun wrote:
Good Enough For Now wrote: Before you do that, let Bruce the Duck back in. :unsure: :foil:
If you are serious, I think you should be permanently banned as well.
I was actually guessing but almost joking that mod action might explain his absence, since I saw nothing in his recent posts to suggest anything other than a fan passionate about Weird Al? I'm not trying to be out of line, I just wasn't aware he'd done something to warrant being banned, he seemed like part of the glue that holds this place together.

As for Jackson Park Express, I mentioned earlier that I was happy to hear the Waters Sisters on a Weird Al record again. They were on Dare to be Stupid, Polka Party and UHF!
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

It's a really long, long story, dating back years.
And Peggy
Good Enough For Now
Occasional

Post by Good Enough For Now »

Good Enough For Now wrote:As for Jackson Park Express, I mentioned earlier that I was happy to hear the Waters Sisters on a Weird Al record again. They were on Dare to be Stupid, Polka Party and UHF!
Further research reveals that they were also on Off The Deep End and Alapalooza! Their two brothers also sing on OTDE. (I suppose maybe they weren't on Even Worse because he was dating backing vocalist Nicolette Larson at the time?) I think it's cool that he brought these voices from his past back for the "last song on his last album".
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

Big Spoon wrote:It's a really long, long story, dating back years.
Yeah, I got clued in.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Someone posted this over in Fan Creativity and it totally rocks!!! :gaga:

Youtube
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Found that on YouTube earlier! Amazing!
And Peggy
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Big Spoon wrote:Found that on YouTube earlier! Amazing!
And you didn't tell anyone about it? Jerk!