Inactive

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Inactive

Post by Bruce the Duck »

So, "Inactive" will be the only parody this album without a video. Probably a smart move on Al's part, as any video for this posted on YouTube would be spammed with comments calling it a ripoff of the various other similar parodies.

But I hope someone does a fan-made one. I really like the idea of using Pixar clips from "WALL-E" and "Toy Story 2" for this.
CheeseSandwich

Post by CheeseSandwich »

Another great parody by Al. Considering how goofy the music video for the original Radioactive is I wonder if Al will do something for that
DrDecay
Addicted

Post by DrDecay »

Fun song. Can't wait for the video! I'm glad Al parodied this one. However, I feel that the original version was way over played. I used to like that song but not so much now. I love Al's version. Its hilarious.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

DrDecay wrote:Fun song. Can't wait for the video! I'm glad Al parodied this one. However, I feel that the original version was way over played. I used to like that song but not so much now. I love Al's version. Its hilarious.
There isn't going to be a video for this. There are only four videos for parodies on the album. This is the only one to not get a video.
Brownd

Post by Brownd »

The problem with the vocals isn't effects-related, it appears that they were processed at a lower sample rate, thus reducing the sound quality/clarity.
I think it might actually have been a rendering mistake, since you can hear that the background vocals sound relatively clearer, and frankly I can't think of any reason why this could've been done on purpose (the original's lead vocals didn't sound like this)
It's a shame, as it kinda ruins the track. It's very distracting and some lyrics are hard to figure out on first listen
Hey, good looking! Want some mayonnaise?
Moneybags
Regular

Post by Moneybags »

I have a theory: I think this is the parody that Bermuda mentioned getting help from the original artist on, mostly because Wayne Sermon, the guitarist from Imagine Dragons, is thanked again in the booklet, independently of the band. I'm guessing that he was Bermuda's and Jim's contact who assisted them in nailing the sounds of the original.
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

For what it's worth, when I played the album at work, this was the song that got the most laughs.
"Then you had Muppets and Hispanics and William Shatner."

PMFL!
tankgirl73

Post by tankgirl73 »

I *love* this one.

First of all, I really like Radioactive. To me, it's a great blend of dubstep and pop, incorporating the oomph of dubstep into a catchy pop single and not just being about the bass drop. And it has great structure. I'm a classical musician, I'm snooty and elitist about what music I like -- it has to be complex and well-written. I like this one.

I'd never watched the video before today. It's... really dumb. I won't watch it again.

My daughter's dance studio had one group do a routine to Radioactive this year, and it was one of my favourite routines of the season. So that also adds to my liking of it.

Furthermore, I had never seen or heard of any of the existing "Inactive" parodies, so Al's version was the first time for me getting this theme. So I wasn't already experiencing BTDT on the very first listen. The jokes were all really funny.

And... I had no problem hearing/understanding the lyrics. Not sure what everyone else is having a problem with.

Anyway, Word Crimes is absolutely my favourite, then probably Tacky and Sports Song. I think Inactive would take the next spot.
Yup.
Die-hard Fan
Awards: Best Yankochick (-18) Nominee

Post by Yup. »

Bruce the Duck wrote:But I hope someone does a fan-made one. I really like the idea of using Pixar clips from "WALL-E" and "Toy Story 2" for this.
Way ahead of ya. ;)
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY