Jackson Park Express

Moderator: Moderators

Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Re: [spoiler][lyrics] Jackson Park Express

Post by Alinite27 »

Does anyone know which Cat Stevens songs this is a style parody of?
Apocaloso
Die-hard Fan

Post by Apocaloso »

This song is so good! For now it's my favorite.
This remind me of a guy I used to know: He fall in love with a stranger on the Tube. He saw her for no longer then 4 minutes but
he was so obsessed anyway. He wanted to take the same line again at the same time the very next day just to see her again and ask her out.
Of course, He never did that and... yeah... the girl was breathtaking, but he wasn't AT ALL! And didn't even live in London... he was there for a few days.
So... this song is about people like him... creeeeeeepy.
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

Spoiler:
I Like Your Boobs.. I Want You Inside Me
Hilarious!! Bravo Al :clap:
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

Alinite27 wrote:Does anyone know which Cat Stevens songs this is a style parody of?
90% of Stevens' songs sound like this. It's fairly close to "Peace Train." Notably, Peace Train's narrator is dreaming about the future, and it has most of the other elements (choral background singers, sudden flourishes, handclaps) featured in JPX.
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

Skippy wrote:
Alinite27 wrote:Does anyone know which Cat Stevens songs this is a style parody of?
90% of Stevens' songs sound like this. It's fairly close to "Peace Train." Notably, Peace Train's narrator is dreaming about the future, and it has most of the other elements (choral background singers, sudden flourishes, handclaps) featured in JPX.
Spoiler:
"Peace Train" would sort of go with the song too, in a way. Ways of transportation \
Let me be your stripper.

Lansing MI: 7/11/07
Jackson MI: 9/23/07
Chesaning MI: 7/17/08
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

Despite this being a Cat Stevens pastiche, the story in the song reminds me of Albuquerque (I'm surprised nobody's mentioned it, but I digress) and I feel like Jackson Park Express could very well be the successor to Albuquerque in terms of telling a tale in an epic song.
tonynation

Post by tonynation »

Like Weird Al's take on 'Suppers Ready?' For those who don't get that, Wikipedia and YouTube will best explain.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Spoiler:
I really hope we get a video for this similar to the video for Trapped in the Drive-Thru, where absolutely nothing happens in the video except for the body language described in the song.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Bruce the Duck wrote:
Spoiler:
I really hope we get a video for this similar to the video for Trapped in the Drive-Thru, where absolutely nothing happens in the video except for the body language described in the song.
Spoiler:
What if it is by Dogtoons, and features the same people from TITDT and this is about how they first met
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Muppetboy09 wrote:
Bruce the Duck wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
What if it is by Dogtoons, and features the same people from TITDT and this is about how they first met
Spoiler:
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Dogtoons would be perfect. It wouldn't have to be the same characters. Thing is, I didn't much like the TITDT video because it was so bland and was kind of redundant with the song because the song played so straight. But that style would be great for JPE because the song is already so comical, so it'd be a great juxtaposition.