Post by Well, Well, Well »

Lol what is that now
taste is only something if it is yours.
Yup.
Die-hard Fan
Awards: Best Yankochick (-18) Nominee

Re: NOW That's What I Call Polka!

Post by Yup. »

mellow weasel wrote:I don't even watch ponies, but this was really great! The choice of scenes was perfect :Y
Thank you! :D
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

As I listen to this polka more and more, I realize "Sexy and I Know It/Thrift Shop/Get Lucky" is an incredible closing stretch. I can see this becoming a huge singalong in concert.

I know Al shows usually turn into singalongs, but this has got a big audience participation moment feel to it
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
CheeseSandwich

Post by CheeseSandwich »

Like every other polka medley, this was hilarious and awesome! I laughed when he sang songs Call Me Maybe, Sexy And I Know It, Thrift Shop, Pumped Up Kicks and especially Gangnam Style made me laugh the way he said "Sexy LADY"! I kinda wished that Weird Al did a parody of Timber (with like Tumblr or something) but it still sounds good as a polka
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Fantastic job on that! Also someone who's never seen an episode of Friendship Is Magic before, but still really enjoyed it.
And Peggy
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Wow, this was actually the MOST RECENTLY recorded song off the album, other than Handy. That is the reason the polka is so incredibly relevant.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
darkhornet
Occasional

Post by darkhornet »

That Ponies video was VERY well done. Great job!
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

While I had never heard of any of the songs this album parodied before I saw the song listing (and hadn't heard any of them until this morning when I seeked them out), I actually had heard one of the songs in the medley, "Call Me Maybe". And ironically, I wasn't aware of that song until I saw the Cookie Monster viral parody "Share It Maybe".
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

Muppetboy09 wrote:Wow, this was actually the MOST RECENTLY recorded song off the album, other than Handy. That is the reason the polka is so incredibly relevant.
It would have to be, considering "Timber" (the most recent song featured in the polka) only hit #1 back in January.

Nice to have a new polka so soon after the last one. My only complaints are 1) "Wrecking Ball" might go on for a little too long in the beginning, and 2) 2 or 3 more songs could've been included, since the polka does go rather fast, though that might have come at the expense of the flow, which is quite good.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

weird user wrote:While I had never heard of any of the songs this album parodied before I saw the song listing (and hadn't heard any of them until this morning when I seeked them out), I actually had heard one of the songs in the medley, "Call Me Maybe". And ironically, I wasn't aware of that song until I saw the Cookie Monster viral parody "Share It Maybe".
What kind of rock have you been living under? Particularly with Happy, that song is everywhere.
And Peggy