Lame Claim to Fame

Moderator: Moderators

TinyNightmare

Re: Lame Claim to Fame

Post by TinyNightmare »

Yes! It is a reference to "Food" and yes each head of Al's was cut out by hand!
http://www.geekscape.net/a-look-behind- ... usic-video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

Oh, sweet! Thanks for sharing that!
TinyNightmare

Post by TinyNightmare »

For sure!! He was my roommate at the time he started the video last year so I wanted to make sure some of the more personal stuff was included in the references and behind the scenes pictures too! :)
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

If you haven't seen MC Lars "This Gigantic Robot Kills", check out the video here. According to that behind the scenes website, Al was a fan of the video and asked MC Lars to connect him to the animator. Some of the scenes in Lame Claim To Fame are homages to shots in MC Lars's video.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

This was the most well put together video of all the MF #8Days videos so far! I really loved the attention to detail in this one. It's definitely strong candidate for best animated Al music video (if not best Al video of all time)
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

This is definitely a lame claim to fame which even ties into the video:
Tonight I shared the same waiter as Tommy Wiseau at Canter's Deli in West Hollywood (which has a shoutout in the 1984 concert-only "Fairfax Avenue"). :great:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Yeah, this ranks up there with "Jurassic Park" as one of the best animated Weird Al videos ever made!
MandatoryFun
Occasional

Post by MandatoryFun »

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: Man oh man! This had to be such a labor of love. I hope down the road he continues to make more stop-motion videos. LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT
Hey guys, I got this username first ha ha
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

TMBJon wrote:Tonight I shared the same waiter as Tommy Wiseau at Canter's Deli in West Hollywood (which has a shoutout in the 1984 concert-only "Fairfax Avenue"). :great:
Nice! Did you say an "oh hai" to Tommy?
And Peggy
Wolfman
Occasional

Post by Wolfman »

As a long-time fan of Al, I was blown away at this video. It was like a love letter to the fans, stuffed so full with little references that only die-hards would even understand, let alone notice. I especially love all the appearances of the band members. Steve Jay has always been a favorite of mine. No offense, Bermuda!

One thing I haven't seen referenced: At the very beginning of the video, is that not Pharrell's hat on the hat stand? It sure looks like it to me, and depending upon when this video was made/finished, could it have been a nod to "Tacky?"