Mandatory Fun (Album 14) Speculation :3

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: Album 14 Speculation :3

Post by Killingsworth »

anthontherun wrote:Why would Katy Perry be out of consideration because she was polka'd on the last album, but not Lady Gaga, who was polka'd AND parodied?
TMBJon wrote:
Killingsworth wrote:Than again, Al "kissed a girl" in the last polka so I doubt it will even be considered. Seriously, I think there's a better chance of Al considering "Applause".
Where do you come up with these theories, seriously???????
Okay, the "Applause" comment was just a joke but I kinda see Al including Katy Perry in two consecutive polkas. I had just forgot that he had done something similar with Madonna in the 80s (and Gaga on the last album) when I posted this, so I agree that it's not a total impossibility. I just know Al would want to space apart his song choices if he did the same artist twice (like he did with Green Day)
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

anthontherun wrote:I know it's too much to ask what the title is (although feel free to share it in the mods forum if you want ;) ) but can we ask when Al came up with it?
I first heard it back in February :F
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Thanks for stopping by, Jon! Always a pleasure!
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Post by CharlesNelson »

bermuda wrote:
anthontherun wrote:I know it's too much to ask what the title is (although feel free to share it in the mods forum if you want ;) ) but can we ask when Al came up with it?
I first heard it back in February :F
Very cool! Thank you, Jon!
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I think this lends some credibility to my "Album 14 Title Track" theory.

If Al indeed decided to name this album after one of the new originals he has recorded and said name for the album had been decided upon by February of this year, this could mean one of two things.

Either Al was writing the title track for the album around Janurary/February and recorded it in May or (and this could be more likely given the timeline) Al is naming the album after one of the songs he recorded last September and it could be the one he shot a live action video for in March.

Still, I doubt Al wanted to base the album cover off the imagery from that video. He probably had a better album cover concept in mind and wanted to save that shoot for a video and possible single cover. For all we know, he may want to release this as the album's first single prior to the lead parody when the album is complete but yet to be released (sort of like he did for DDTS on SOL).

There's probably a better chance that Al decided on a title and cover concept in February that had nothing to do with any of the songs he recorded so far and just happened to let the band in on it during the video shoot. He probably had to schedule the cover shoot for August because of the tour and other possible prior engagements.
AccordionChick
Occasional

Post by AccordionChick »

I'm not sure how wild this is gonna sound... but what if the Al-bum name is "Album 14", "Untitled", or is actually untitled? I've been pondering on this for a bit, & came up with a few reasons why I think there is a chance it could be.

Al was probably joking in this tweet, but that's when I started thinking.
"Okay, so apparently there may be some “legal issues” with calling my next album “Led Zeppelin IV.” FINE, I’ll think of something else."
Led Zeppelin IV, is essentially an untitled album (no titled was printed on the cover) & that's it's nickname (one of them it is well known by, though there are others).
If Al were to keep his album untitled & tried nicknaming it Led Zeppelin VI there would be legal issues :P That's the joke from Al, but it can maybe be considered some kinda subtle hint to being untitled.

Remember the white after Labor Day tweet? Al looked like he was on some kinda black backdrop. What better than to have him & the band in all white on a black backdrop for the untitled album cover? Plus to me, it looks like maybe it was taken sometime before Labor Day... possibly the album shoot?

Also the first studio album was self-titled, don't you think it'd be some kinda clever thing for Al to do by having the possible last studio album untitled or naming it "Untitled" ironically?

This is just a theory of mine & I could just be over thinking everything, but it is some food for thought.
Concerts Attended: 1
September 19th, 2011 - Pikes Peak Center, Colorado Springs, CO

Some people say I'm the one who got Al to be in an Epic Rap Battles of History.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I hope not, because it's been done.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Led Zeppelin also had a bunch of cryptic symbols they made up as an album title. I think there's a higher chance of Al doing that than an "Untitled" album.

We all know why he wouldn't title and album "Album 14". He thinks it's the stupidest number ever.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

That's why he hates 14! It's most likely his last studio album! Holy crap! Exclamation mark!
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Killingsworth wrote:He thinks it's the stupidest number ever.
:rolleyes:

Something to keep an eye on: Next week, Drake is releasing a new album. There's a pretty huge act that Al has yet to touch. Also, Justin Timberlake has yet another album dropping in a couple of weeks...
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.