Morristown New Jersey Friday, October 21st

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

weird_el
Off The Deep End

Re: Morristown New Jersey Friday, October 21st

Post by weird_el »

Some thoughts on last night. Dinner was wonderful. Pumpkin ravioli w/sage butter, coffee, tax and tip -- $27

Morristown holds special memories for me because this ...

happened here 11 years ago. :inlove: It's also where Rachael and I first met.

Rachael and I were sitting in the fourth row center. Even *I* thought the Nirvana cheerleaders were hot -- especially the one on the left. Her high kicks were great. We got doused with Nirvana water.

There was an aisle right behind us going across the theater that Al sauntered down during WBUL. When the "Do ya mind if I chew on your butt" line came up, Al's butt was RIGHT behind me. :inlove:

Hearing My Bologna in the medley just made me giddy. As brief as it is, it's full of energy and fond memories (first Al song I heard). I really like whole series of "food" songs.

I certainly enjoyed all the new songs, but I really think he needs to change the choreography for Party In The CIA. Should be more like the sassy hip shaking Miley Cyrus does. PTW was a really hard song to get good pictures of. I'll try again on Sunday. We'll be closer at the Beacon.

As mentioned above, the lighting for this show was especially good as was the sound quality.

Ah, there was a meet and greet at the bus. Rachael and I both brought gifts for Al's birthday because we figured our chances of seeing Al afterward would be better here than in NYC. I got my Alpocolypse CD insert signed and this ...

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Thanks for all the reviews. This sounds like it was a great show. I can just picture Steve playing the bass while bending over low to the ground. Adrian, that picture cracks me up. I love the expression on Al's face. :lol:
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

Thanks. :lol:

Here are my pix from last night: http://photobucket.com/al-mtown-2011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So I still got off a bunch of pix before they made me stop, and since our seats weren't that great (though they led to Dave's mom getting a face full of Yankovic, so TOTALLY WORTH IT), I focused more on trying to get some pictures that showed off how cool the lighting looked from mid-theater.

There are some closer ones as well.

Enjoy! :ttr:

Adrian
"Then you had Muppets and Hispanics and William Shatner."

PMFL!
DrSteggy
Off The Deep End
Awards: Winner, Survivor All Stars

Post by DrSteggy »

Excellent work, as always, Adrian.

Here are mine...I was pleasantly surprised to see that some songs I have a hard time with (especially Canadian Idiot) were easier from farther away. I had a head in my line of fire toward Steve, but a nice view of Jim and Jon.

http://t.co/wmp5xB9a
"Positioning is everything in life." A. de La Hunta
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

That last one's pretty great, Adrian. It's hard to see Al's face during SLN. And I love your me&Al photo, weird_el... it's downright cuddly.
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

Very nice full stage shots, Adrian! :)

~Allison
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Harold Camping, :wacko: the guy who said the world would end May 21, then changed it to October 21 may have been on to something. I was raptured at the Alpocolypse.
rangerbob
Occasional

Post by rangerbob »

I was 1st row center for this show and took aprox 250 pics. ill post them as soon as i catch up as i have to go thru aprox 750 pics from the past 2 weeks worth of al concerts. I got to meet him after the show as well. he is such a class act and always will be! way to go al. Happy birthday on oct 23 # 52 for you lol.
mybologna
Regular

Post by mybologna »

I'll never forget this night, I haven't seen Al live since but it was a hell of a concert.
We ended up in the 2nd row was the first big thing of the evening, the 2nd big thing of the evening was all the interaction with Al I got!! The stares, some waves, things like that. I was dancing and headbanging and singing along the whole show, someone at the end said I was as entertaining to watch as he was! What a great way to spend the "apocalypse"

I met him afterward, and I walked up to him and without saying anything to him, he looked and said "you were my favorite fan tonight"
I was like HOLY CRAP NO WAY
Then he said "I wish the whole audience had been like that"
So you can imagine I was on cloud 9 the rest of the evening haha, not to mention the next day we went up to NYC and saw "Phantom" and the "Book Of Mormon" on Broadway. So an epic trip ;)