The Setlist 2011

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: The Setlist 2011

Post by Yankomaniac »

The May/June tour will hopefully be the same with only Perform This Way added and You're Pitiful taken out so maybe he can get more tired of the current set and switch it up completely for the full fledge Alpocalypse Tour after the summer or whenever.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Jeremy, he still didnt know the album would be released when he announced how he would tour. There doesnt have to be anything to it besides he doesnt want to tour in July and August.
jbracciante
Addicted

Post by jbracciante »

I'm still crossing my fingers for the encore to change. The Saga Begins is extremely dated and the Albuquerque encore was in my opinion more bombastic and high energy especially with confetti explosions and slide projector going A-L-B-U-QUERQUE. I love Yoda, but I thought it worked great as the halfway point of the show, it's just a 7/10 at the end for me.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Yankomaniac wrote:Dont throw all these stupid numbers at me about #1 singles and blah blah, blah.
Do you actually read the threads before you respond? I'm just trying to figure out where you see anyone talking about #1 singles in this discussion.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

I'm sorry. He knows now that his album is coming out. I'm sure he had a tentative plan for when the album would be released before the whole Gaga Saga. To say that he didn't have a plan for when the album would be released is pretty silly and underestimating Al very much. You just do not quit touring in the heart of touring season + the height of your popularity w/ an album just released...unless you're clearly not looking for any revenue. I don't know...I'm still not convinced.

As for the encore, I would have to disagree James. Saga Begins/Yoda is a perfect encore. Although, I do agree that Albuquerque may have provided more of an adrenaline rush. If there was a song where they could work in the confetti blasts, etc...I'd be open to something taking the Saga Begins/Yoda spot.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Yes I read them Catra..., my point in that was to say just because say a song like White & Nerdy was his greatest #1 hit to date, and sold so many copies, doesn't mean its better than Running With Scissors or Dare To Be Stupid. I just didn't want that excuse thrown at me, does happen alot.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Yeah, I got what you were saying Yanko. Every song has its own limitations and is great within its own circumstances. That's one thing that I think makes it hard for Al to choose what exactly to perform live.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Jeremy, you have to look at when he announced the tour. The US dates were announced in February and he hit Australia in March. Considering he didnt even have an idea in February, and since he normally doesnt write on tour, Im sure he had every reason to think he wouldnt have an album out in June. And as I said before, Al did tour much of the last year, I see nothing wrong with him taking time off in the summer. Yes, the money is a nice thing, but spending time with your family is nicer
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Don't forget about all the publicity he is going to have to do around the time the album comes out. I assume that is exactly why he isn't touring then - so his schedule will be free to fly across the country and do Letterman if he is suddenly invited (or Conan, Colbert, Fallon... whoever)
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

The Setlist 2011

Post by minnick27 »

Please more Fallon spots!
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ