Is it just me or...

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I agree about not to bring her onstage and stuff, but it shouldn't be like Jacko's kids...
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I'd rather she was safe.
but it shouldn't be like Jacko's kids...

Yeah, the biggest difference is that Nina is already safer with her two parents than MJ's kids are with him. I'm not making any judgements on unproven allegations, but I really can't imagine Al or Suzanne dangling Nina off a balcony for any reason. Or taking her into crushing crowds, or anything else that would put her in danger. I would imagine Al would dust of the Architecture Degree before it came to that...
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Yes, I'd settle for a picture.

We just don't want Nina to be overwhelmed. Especially at some greeting or something would overwhelm her.

Though any baby has to be overwhelmed at any family reunion type thing.

-CindyBob

:stupid:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Though any baby has to be overwhelmed at any family reunion type thing.

Well, sure. But being overwhelmed by family is a poodle of a different color. We all have to deal with that. :huh:
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Well, sure. But being overwhelmed by family is a poodle of a different color. We all have to deal with that.

I definitely agree.

It's definitely okay for Nina to be overwhelmed by her family. Everyone has to deal with that. But Nina being overwhelmed by fans and such wouldn't be a good thing.

-CindyBob

:stupid:
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Yeah... I've had a lot of experience with babies and anything such as a concert would be quite an overwhelming experience for Nina. Maybe a video hopefully-- or maybe in the album, they could take another later picture from after Nina's birth and put it in there.

Methinks Nina will be embarrassed by this when she grows up and reads it maybe ;)
dead_parrot
Occasional

Post by dead_parrot »

Also When I saw Al at OC Fair Suzanne wasn't always around during autograph signings...

Hi. Mind if I ask what night you saw him at the fair on? I came to the Friday night show (my first Al concert, so cool) and was disappointed when Miles Jay was the only one to come out to sign after the show. I am really hoping to make it to at least one of his California shows, but I'm not sure I'll be able to (relying on parents and friends for a ride is hard, especially since not a single one of my friends likes Weird Al). I'd love to meet Al, though, does he usually come out after the show to sign?

Not trying to threadjack just wanted to say I'm new here and you all seem pretty cool. Nice to know I'm not alone in my love of Weird Al and similarly cool and funky music.

Later.

dead parrot
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Welcome Dead Parrot. (Are you named after the Python sketch?)

It would be disappointing to not see Al, Bermuda, Jim, and Rubén. But you did get to see Miles, and I hear there is some fondness for him in the AlGal ranks...

Not to mention in the world of Yank-osity it was a rare chance to meet a lesser known band member. It might actually be harder to get a Miles autograph at a WAY concert than some of the other guys.
dead_parrot
Occasional

Post by dead_parrot »

Welcome Dead Parrot. (Are you named after the Python sketch?)
Thanks for the welcome and yes, I named myself after one of the funniest comedy sketches ever.
Not to mention in the world of Yank-osity it was a rare chance to meet a lesser known band member. It might actually be harder to get a Miles autograph at a WAY concert than some of the other guys.

Hmm. Well, I wish I had gotten an autograph but unfortunately, what with my ride wanting to leave, I didn't get a chance. I would have made them stick around had it been the rest of the band, but not wanting to be stranded in Orange County I decided not to press my luck and just left once it was clear everybody else wasn't coming out. He seemed very nice from what I could see though, and I wish I had not allowed myself to be dragged away. Oh well.
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

Hi Dead Parot,

I was actually at ALL the OC Shows. I just happen to be lucky enough to live down the street from the fair grounds. I'm surprised you didn't see Steve and Jim that night they also came out to sign. Al however did not come out...it would cause a stampeed. He had a table set up back stage. On thursday he did a general signing for anyone who wanted to meet him. The rest of the nights you needed a back stage pass...or an actual close personal friend of Al's to meet him. This was the first time I had ever met him after a show so I don't know if this is how he regularly does things. It seems to me that for HIS safety it is the best way. I happened to run across a backstage pass, so I was able to meet him. I've been going to his concerts since I saw him tour with the Monkees, and I just NOW got to meet him (Other than AlCon)...be patient, your time will come. I have faith in that!!

BTW - Welcome to the Forum.

Cid