The Setlist 2010

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: The Setlist 2010

Post by Yankomaniac »

Like you said, they were probably mistaken. If they were gonna pull out another Polka from prior albums to add more rock value they prolly would have just done Polkarama! or if they wanted to something special rockwise "Hot Rocks Polka" would be amaaaazing. Don't think they ever did that one live!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

I think that the variety of polkas opening up the concerts are interesting. Of course, each performance has usually gone along with the current album being promoted. I really think that the polka itself starts out the concert with so much energy. And since they're all different, they have started each tour with a different feel.

It would have been interesting to see the first few shows on the Poodle Hat tour where they started the concert with Couch Potato, if I remember correctly. All the concerts that I've seen have began with a polka medley.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

The Setlist 2010

Post by minnick27 »

Polkas starting the show has only been done the last three tours, right? I know the BHT started with SYBG and TWS was Gump. I just always like the "Are you ready to POLKA?!?" intro
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Ah, I guess that is true. For some reason, I had forgotten that Gump actually started Running With Scissors. I just remembered Polka Power. Although, I only did see 1 show for RWS.

All the tours after RWS, have began with polkas.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I saw one of the early shows on the Poodle Hat Tour when Al opened up the concert with Couch Potato, and then went into Angry White Boy Polka. It's weird; just that one change in the setlist seemed to give the show a completely different feel.
And Peggy
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

How did he perform Couch Potato? Did he just come out rapping after the intro video clips like he did when he performed it later on? Or was there a different intro?
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Big Spoon wrote:I saw one of the early shows on the Poodle Hat Tour when Al opened up the concert with Couch Potato, and then went into Angry White Boy Polka. It's weird; just that one change in the setlist seemed to give the show a completely different feel.
There was more of a change than just with "Couch Potato." "Melanie" and OMM were also both bumped up to earlier in the setlist (they had originally been right before the medley).
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Big Spoon
Welp.
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Alinite27 wrote:How did he perform Couch Potato? Did he just come out rapping after the intro video clips like he did when he performed it later on? Or was there a different intro?
Came on stage in an Eminem outfit after Fun Zone and the "channel surfing clips," rapping. Took off the hat and jacket afterwards to reveal a Hawaiian shirt, and went into the polka.
And Peggy
Big Spoon
Welp.
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)

Post by Big Spoon »

Also remembering another change just now: MFN/BH was played in full, and something else started the medley. Can't remember what, though.
And Peggy
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Oh ok. I thought I remembered something about an extended intro of Al coming onstage. But, that's still a neat transition into the polka. I think the whole setlist thing is an interesting change anyway, as I can't remember a complete switch happening to this extent for any other recent tour.