8/17/10 Lynden, WA at Northwest Washington Fair

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Shelley
Addicted

8/17/10 Lynden, WA at Northwest Washington Fair

Post by Shelley »

Well.. I've been rather out of the AL loop lately, but saw that there were finally a couple WA tour dates posted (fairs.. ugh).. so I did my presale purchase this morning. I have to go with a lot of the posters here -- I'm NOT happy with this "pay $ and hope you get a good seat" concept but looks like if I want to have any chance of a good seat that's what Im' stuck with. GRR.
This didn't even say if it included Fair admission or nuthin. Double GRR. *sigh* the things we do for Al..

So me and the family will definately be going to this one, and bringing a couple neophyte Al fan friends along with us- yay!

-Shelley
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: 8/17/10 Lynden, WA at Northwest Washington Fair

Post by Elvis »

Fair admission is not included.
Please note: This ticket does not include gate admission, which is required to attend the show. Price of gate admission varies between $ 4 and $ 10 depending upon age and date of purchase. For more info on the fair click HERE.
Dave
fred27
Obsessed

Post by fred27 »

i was thinkin of this one and the 18th but it would be 294.00rt plus id have to rent a car, im still deciding
Shelley
Addicted

Post by Shelley »

Dang. Thanks for the info on the fair admission, I must have missed that in the ticket-buying-frenzy.

-Shelley
Shelley
Addicted

Post by Shelley »

Ok.. quick venting here.. I had gone to the Fair's website and signed up as a "Friend of the Fair" just to get on their mailing list etc.. I got an email a couple days ago saying they were selling event tickets to Friends of the Fair before general public.. so I go to their website for the heck of it, pop in my seats wanted (6), and oh lookie.. seating chart and I can get FRONT ROW left or right side of stage. *sigh* I was so tempted to just buy the damn things so I'd know I had guaranteed seats but I just couldn't afford it after I'd already plunked down the $$ for the mysterious Pre-Sale tickets.

I'm really not happy with this new pre-sale ticketing system, esp after hearing a couple friends talk about how they've been notified of "snafus" in the process and their guaranteed seating was not going to happen. Now I'm wondering if it's just better to wait and take my chances with a Venue pre-sale or general public sale. What do y'all think?

Shelley
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

What type of "snafus"? Involving the new Paid company?
Shelley
Addicted

Post by Shelley »

As in, being called and told the old company was dumped, so sorry don't have those reserved seating anymore but we'll still honor the tickets, wanna go to a different show? kind of thing. Sounds like a transitional-problem.

Shelley
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Oh yeah...that problem was with ArtistArena, not having the reserved seats. I understand what you're talking about now.
josheee
Occasional

Post by josheee »

Getting excited for the show tonight...I leave Seattle this afternoon (ordinarily I'd spend the day at the fair, but I'm doing that at the Chehalis fair tomorrow). Can't wait to see the show, and it looks it's going to be a nice night for it!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I'm assuming this was the show that Captain Slinky http://captain-slinky.livejournal.com/864519.html went to. He had a wonderful and surprising time.