6/16/10 Rehoboth Beach, DE Rehoboth Beach Convention Center

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Re: 6/16/10 Rehoboth Beach, DE Rehoboth Beach Convention Cen

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

minnick27 wrote:
albinodwarf27 wrote:Chairs? It's sounding more tempting all the time... I'm too old for GA shows. Springsteen just about killed me.
The thought of Springsteen kills me
:lol: ditto!
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Just checked the Touring page for the WeirdAl Presale. It begins Mon at 10AM. VIP Tickets are $169 and Premium are $75. I think I'm just going to get a ticket through their website, especially to make sure that all of my ticket money goes to the charity, that it's a fundraiser for.

Will most likely get the $100 tickets to support the charity of the first three rows of Section B. Don't really like the fact, though, that in the front are the sponsor tables. The only way to get a seat there is to at least give $3,500. Although, I guess if they gave that, they deserve the seats...haha. And the other section is only 15ft away, so not too bad.
jbracciante
Addicted

Post by jbracciante »

Hey Jeremy, where do you see a seating chart for this show? I couldn't find it on the mother-ship or the promoter's site, help?
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

The presale page is here: http://tickets.weirdal.com/index.cfm/pk ... pid/400026

The seating chart is here, although it's not really a seating chart...the seating areas I got were from the descriptions: http://www.tickets.weirdal.com/index.cfm/pid/406330

When I called them earlier, they said there was also a price of $45. I would guess that those would be from the back of C to D.
jbracciante
Addicted

Post by jbracciante »

thanks a bunch dude! I don't think I can really afford $75, maybe I'll get a $45 seat.
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

$75 was the Premium price. The price from the venue is $65. But, yeah...definitely, it's a small venue, too. So, $45 won't be that bad. There's a picture of the venue on their website. http://www.comedyatthebeach.org/poundst ... 00x535.jpg
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Alright, not sure WHEN the tickets went on sale...but they are on sale. The first three rows are all taken, my guess is they actually gave all the seats to the WeirdAl Presale. Which I guess I should have gotten for this show, I don't know. I just think that buying through them will give the charity more money than buying through the PreSale. Plus, it was cheaper.

Anyway, after looking at a few different things, I finally just decided on the center of Row 4. So, I got Sec B, Row 4, Seat 171.

Can't wait for this show!...Will definitely be my most surprising Al show...since I've never seen one without being spoiled before the show with the setlist...

Plus, I'll be taking some notes on this tour's setlist and other stuff...so I don't guess I need the first row available for sale.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Went with the website ticket. I bought seat 170 so I can sit next to Jeremy. Considering it was the first concert, I wanted to make sure I was center stage. Probably would have ended pretty close to center with the presale, but not knowing for sure, I decided to play it safe, And I saved myself $2.50. Maybe I can get myself a hot dog or soda at the show for that. $$$

First shows are fun. Al usually calls them dress rehearsals as he and the band and the crew are still working off the "stage rust." Plus you might get to see cool, one-time-only stuff like
Spoiler:
Al shaving his mustache in between songs
or
Spoiler:
dancers during Pentiums.
I've never been to Rehoboth Beach. Is this a real beach like Seaside Heights or Wildwood with a boardwalk, arcades, games, and all that? Or it one of those cheesy beaches without nothing but sun, water, and sand?

Dave
You Make Me
Occasional

Post by You Make Me »

Rehoboth Beach is awesome. It's got a boardwalk, but without the Jersey cheese. There is one main drag that leads to the ocean, which is where the convention center is, and that is where mostly everything is. It's got a ton of restaurants, shops, etc. along it. I could easily recommend a bunch of places to eat. Once you get to the boardwalk, there are some usual boardwalk places to eat and a small amusement park. It's a very safe and clean town. Parking can be tricky. If you go inland onto Route 1, which is the highway that runs north and south through the state and all the way down to Ocean City, there are three big outlet malls in Lewes, which is the next town north (no sales tax in Delaware!). Coming from Jersey, you can take the ferry from Cape May to Lewes and it's about a 10-15 minute drive from there, or the Turnpike to Route 1. The ferry probably won't be running when the show is over. It's an easy drive. My parents moved to Lewes in 2000 so I'm down there all the time and love it. It's an easy drive from Jersey as long as it's not a weekend.

I went for the $65 seats. This place seems so tiny (had nothing to do at work and added all the seats and tables up and got less than 900) so I think any seat would be a good one as long as there isn't a giant sitting in front of you.

I definitely see this being a dress rehearsal because of the size of this place. I still can't see how he's going to fit his whole band and stage set-up in there.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Hope you dont mind me crashing the party Dave, Ill be in seat 169. No Jackie this show? As far as eating, there is only one restaurant in Rehoboth and that is Grotto Pizza. There are 3 of them in like a two block section. And I would say Rehoboth is like Wildwood, only nicer. There are not as many rides, but it is a good time. And the ferry will cost you 44 bucks, so keep that in mind. If you came down 95, you could hit route 1 which drops you right down into Rehoboth, but you hit traffic at two points, once just south of Wilmington and then around Dover Air Force Base, but this show being on a Wednesday, Im not sure about the Dover traffic, but you will definitly hit it in Wilmington