The EXACT Details

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

JDTurnbull272
Addicted

The EXACT Details

Post by JDTurnbull272 »

Even though I have never attended a Weird Al concert, I probably never will (unless he tours in Hawaii.) I would like to know all the details of the concerts he performs. I want to even know the stuff like, the smell of the air, the temperature of the air, the craziness of the pre-concert, and after too. Also like the lighting effects, the occasional gags, the opening act, what Al ever says or does (other than singing of course) and what the band does.

I just want a FULL DETAIL idea of what goes on and EVERYTHING. Please post me like conert experiences, and you know, the stuff people that haven't been to concerts don't know. If you want you can put Spoiler: before the stuff that people that haven't been to concerts that WILL go to concerts don't want to see so they don't spoil their excitement (ALthogh who wouldn't be excited about a Weird Al concert even AFTER reading this?)
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

When I went to see Al in California over the summer I wrote extensively about the experience. Not just the concerts, but the other fun stuff I did that week and the fabulous people I met and hung out with. It's too long to post here, and I don't have it on a website anywhere, but I can email it (including some pics from the show) to anyone who might be interested.

El
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I have never attended a Weird Al concert, I probably never will (unless he tours in Hawaii.)
Never say never, JD! Chances are excellent that Al will still be performing when you're old enough to figure out a way to get off Hawaii and over to an Al concert under your own power.
I love touring, it's my favorite part of what I do.
(see http://www.davesfunstuff.com/demento/04ivw017.htm )