What songs do you hope are on the new tour besides regulars

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I bet we may see Suzanne as one of the cheerleaders.
Ya think so?

Im gonna have to go with a no on this one. I dont think Al would take Suzanne on a tour with him. Maybe a few shows, at the beginning or whatever, but as the other guys wives dont come, I dont think she will, though Al is the boss.

Mike
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Im gonna have to go with a no on this one. I dont think Al would take Suzanne on a tour with him. Maybe a few shows, at the beginning or whatever, but as the other guys wives dont come, I dont think she will, though Al is the boss.

I wouldn't be surprised to see her on tour. I would be more than a little surprised to see her gyrate in a short cheerleader uniform on stage. Not that she wouldn't look great. She is, from the pictures I have seen, very beautiful. I just can't see it...

As far as her being on tour, it is my impression from what I have read that Al has a private room on the bus, while the guys have coffin sized cubbies to sleep in. So why couldn't she go if she wanted to? After all, she did go to Alcon didn't she? Was Bermuda's wife there?
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Suzanne turn up eventually in a video, considering how many other family members Al has already managed to find parts for, but touring is hard work. And Suzanne may have, like, an actual job, for which cheerleading might not be part of the optimum career path. And the main perk of being a Smells Like Nirvana cheerleader is the chance to meet Al & the band. She's got that part taken care of already. :)

Speaking of Al finding roles for family members, I looked up Nick and Mary Yankovic once on the Internet Movie Database. And every role they had listed was as father and mother of Weird Al Yankovic. Shouldn't they be starting to get a little concerned about typecasting? Branch out a little for the sake of their careers? :P
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I think Suzanne would tour with Al, but she wouldn't be part of the performance. I know she traveled with him for at least the fall 2000 part of Touring With Scissors. I'm sure she'll show up in Al's future videos. Al likes to use family -- cheap labor.

El
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I wouldn't mind hearing "(This Song's Just) Six Words Long."
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I'm with weird el on UHF making the tour. According to weirdal.com it's never been done live. With the release of the DVD (and what better way to tie in at the sales table?) it is a great time for it to make an appearance.

But I think Al would have to do it as himself. Even he couldn't make costume changes fast enough to replicate the video. Maybe they could show the video on the big screen behind the boys.