9/26/06 Hollywood, Ca. Virgin Megastore

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

Talk to Whizzi about using the logo. I think you'd have to get his OK on it, especially concerning the picture.

We need WOWAY badges, especially with tour season coming! If I knew what I was doing, I'd do it, but I don't.
Hmmm...something's gone horribly awry here...
Al Team 2772!
RIP Bela
smbbyz73
Occasional

Post by smbbyz73 »

When I made the name badges for the Cinncinnati show, I did get WhiZZi's permission to use the logo. I stood outside the gate and caught peoples attention with a rather giant version of the name badge on my bag, which helped everyone know where to get the badges. I had most printed up ahead of time with screen names as well as real names on it, for those that let me know ahead of time!
Since I didn't know what most of the people looked like ahead of time, I, of course needed to ask who they were, and it still surprised me when one, nice ,young man said,"I'm WhiZZI!". It was a great honor for me to meet him there!
I believe we had about 30-35 WOWAYers there!

If I find out how to put pictures here, I will be glad to show you what they looked like. I need my brothers help, though, because I am fairly clueless on the computer!

I would be glad to TRY and set up something for our identification purposes!

~Susie
Lord, please break the laws of the universe for my convenience.---Emo Philips
smbbyz73
Occasional

Post by smbbyz73 »

Sorry! It was taking so long to post , I didn't think the first one went through!
~Susie
smbbyz73
Occasional

Post by smbbyz73 »

Sorry! Problems posting!
M3m3s3
Off The Deep End

Post by M3m3s3 »

After leaving the CD signing that night my friend Frank and I were stopped by a woman saying she was with Lifetime Television and that they were stopping people on the street for psychic readings for a new show called "Lisa Williams: Life Among the Dead" and asked if we'd do an interview. I'm still wearing my WOWAY name tag! Here is the clip on the website! :whoot:
-Melissa

Mrs. Duggar, your vagina is not a clown car. Shut it down.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Now that is weird. :D

Of course... everybody has grandparents. They're often dead. :(. They're always either male or female... and it's a pretty good cinch that a grandfather is a father figure. And with Frank's coloring, in this country of immigrants, some not-been-here-since-the-Pilgrims ancestry is also a good guess. What impresses me about "psychics" is their ability to pick up on subtle cues given by the person they're reading and run with them. It takes a lot of psychological perceptiveness. I think I'd call them "psyche-ics." But that's just my opinion. And it looks like it was a fun experience.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
M3m3s3
Off The Deep End

Post by M3m3s3 »

It was fun. And Frank confessed to me that he "played along" with a few of the things she talked about. She interviewed me a little but didn't say anything that wasn't general. For example she said I knew someone with a heart condition that was on medication. :rolleyes: How many heart patients do youknow that AREN'T on meds?
-Melissa

Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

That's cool. What a way to end the night. It's too bad they couldn't have gotten that nametag in focus. Talk about 12 seconds of fame there :P
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
M3m3s3
Off The Deep End

Post by M3m3s3 »

Between that and the picture of me at the signing on the Getty Images website I'm practically a celebrity now! :P
-Melissa

Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

Haha you celeb, you.
http://www.kristinekreations.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NOW CASTING: Perform This Way, A WOWAY Fan Video