The First Tours?

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Alright they weren't backup singers. BUT they were other people playing instruments.

Here's Pat.

If you look in the background (its a little blurry) you see some people/music stands

SEE! A mini orchestra!

And next to the girl in red is another person. I wish it wasn't so blurry. <_< But there are about 4 extra players back there.

Imageshack is being slow today, so give it time to load. <_<
In hiding since 2010
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I don't see any people back there, Driew. It's too blurry. Sure, those look kinda like music stands, but I see no people. I don't see a girl in red *looks more like a guy in a tank top*, nor do I see an orchestra. If anyone else can see this, let me know. Maybe I need to adjust some things on my monitor.

*shrugs*
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I do see two people in the background on that last picture. I see the person standing next to the girl (or guy) in the red shirt. I agree with Patti that it's too blurry to tell if there's any music stands, let alone people in the second pic.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.

Post by Driew_La_27 »

*sigh* Its more obvious if you watch it. When you pause/screen grab it it gets too blurry. :angry:
In hiding since 2010
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Just to clarify, Driew, it's not that I don't believe you. I just can't see the people. My guess is that these extra people were on stage for the polka medley. That is where those pics are from, right? As far as Pat Regan, I already said he was an extra band guy, so you didn't have to prove he was there. It was still cool of you to post that pic of him playing keys while Al played accordion. :D

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Driew_La_27 @ Aug 11 2005, 10:59 PM wrote: *sigh* Its more obvious if you watch it.
Well, I'll be getting my chance soon. :D
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Yes it is during the Polka. ;)
In hiding since 2010
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I'll watch closely next time to see if I can see the extra people. I expect my copy is a copy of a copy of a copy...etc, of the original.

Whenever I watch my tape, I generally watch Al, so I may have been swept away and didn't notice extras.

So awesome!

Al Team #325
27-77
Die-hard Fan

Post by 27-77 »

I've seen the 7/26/85 show, and have heard other 83-84 shows, and they're definitely very different from the current tours. Not just the songs - on the 7/29/83 show Al sort of screams the lyrics, and "Eat It" sounds really different from the In 3D version. Back then they also performed many more rarities - the 1985 medley is almost entirely unreleased songs, except for 4 (ilrr, tfrx, mb, and gjwhl). During 1981 Al really screamed all the lyrics, particularly during "I'm Stupid Blues".
weirdal4994
Occasional

Post by weirdal4994 »

he was a teenager tom trying to express how hardcore he is by playing screamo :ham: