Songs You Don't Want Al To Sing Live

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

hehe, I like the WAY you think, Tara! Sabotage this topic with reverse psychology. In that case, Al, dont' ever sing Germs, either.

;)

Mecca, so sick of the anti-Eat It thing. Obviuosly, Al isn't sick of it, or he'd get rid of Eat It. He does it because it is expected of him. Get over it!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles
Off The Deep End

Post by TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles »

^read my last post for the RULE OF THE TOPIC.^

Thanks,
-Kevin

I've actually read an interview that says it, Patti. I can't find it now, I'll look for it.
The Office: NBC, Thursdays at 9.
If you're not watching, you're doing yourself great injustice.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Well, whatever, he still sings it, and probably still will, even if he'd rather not. I never said you were wrong. But he never came out and said he was sick of it. Just that he'd rather not.

So awesome!

Al Team #325
TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles
Off The Deep End

Post by TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles »

I know, I just remember him saying although he doesn't wish to sing it, even at the end of the medley, people like the song, so he's (probably) going to keep it there. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying Eat It is one of those songs I don't find enjoyable.

It's OKAY, I guess.

That's the end of that, I guess.
The Office: NBC, Thursdays at 9.
If you're not watching, you're doing yourself great injustice.
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

I'm going with "Here's Johnny." I don't care for the music. And yea, I know, he can only change the words. :P

~Allison
Alfie
09/13/96 - 07/11/08
Rest well, my sweet prince
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

I don't care much for DED. Not that the song is bad, but the light is blinding, and it doesn't help when you're in a venue like Westbury.

Besides, I just think the song is hard to get when you're not a hardcore Al fan. Still, I enjoy it (except for the light).

For humanity's sake, I hope Al never performs WDTAHTM. It's not a favorite of mine by any stretch. I also hope he never does GiF, either.
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I can't believe you don't like DED!! I was in the front row, and the light didn't bother me at all. It's one of my favorite performances in concert! I love how it starts with "Girlfriend is Better". Ah, well. Everyone has their differences.

So awesome!

Al Team #325
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

YamiJess27 @ Jul 1 2004, 10:30 PM wrote: I don't want Al to sing 1999. :blink:
Wow, seven minutes in and there's already a Prince joke.

I would hope that Al avoids trying to find ways to make the longer, more complex songs performable live (not that I'm saying he's trying to do that)...especially if it can't be done without really watering them down. The live "Albuquerque" was an understandable exception because he was in the city for cryin' out loud, but if he tried to simplify it or, for another example, "Genius in France" in order to fit it into a tour's setlist, then I'm not sure I'd be all that crazy about it.

Not every song should be translatable for a live performance. How is Al supposed to try new things and be creative if in the back of his head he's always thinking "Well, I shouldn't add this because we can't reproduce that effect live?"

So anyway, it makes me appreciate the pre-"One More Minute" gag of "The next song I'd like to do is..." because what it shows is that he's not limiting himself when he's writing new songs...and in the end it just makes me impatient to hear the next album.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

Songs I dont want to see live, just because I dont like them: Talk Soup (my least favorite Al song of all time), and Here's Johnny. Other than those two songs, I'm open to any song of Al's performed live.
2018 Tour: Rochester, Minneapolis, Fargo, Clear Lake, and Green Bay...so far...
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

algonacchick @ Jul 1 2004, 11:48 PM wrote: I can't believe you don't like DED!! I was in the front row, and the light didn't bother me at all. It's one of my favorite performances in concert! I love how it starts with "Girlfriend is Better". Ah, well. Everyone has their differences.
*sings* Believe or not...

Actually, I'm somewhat annoyed with the light because of my dad. He was practically being blinded during the Westbury show last year. That's the main reason why I dislike DED in concert.

Poor dad. :(

Still, he loved the show. :)
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson