4/10/04 Mankato, Mn Concert

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

I thought the fireworks were actually pretty cool, seeing how I've never heared of it being done at an Al concert before. Yeah, they did stop the song a tad bit early nomal.

Well, 2nd row was more like 5th row, because there was a giant space between the audience and stage. It's like the security needed a huge amout of space just to sit there and give scary looks. The camera guy stayed up against the stage pretty much the whole time, so it isnt like they couldent have put the seats up a little closer to the stage! But I know Al made eye contact with me a couple times, which for me is totally awsome! But I really dont have much advise for what to wear or anything like that. Just sit back and enjoy the ride!

I cant wait for April 10th!!!
2018 Tour: Rochester, Minneapolis, Fargo, Clear Lake, and Green Bay...so far...
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

By the way, you can read my review and view some of my pics from the Aug 24 show here:

http://weirdalforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1739#
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Since this concert's on a Saturday, people (especially those traveling from the north) may want to take a side trip and visit the twineball in Darwin. It's a 90-minute drive north of Mankato.
This means something. This is important.
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

I'm from MN, and I feel stupid because I thought the twine ball was in Rochester. :dontgetit:

I stand corrected!

I'm up in Two Harbors (abt 3 hours north of the cities), which makes the drive to Mankato about 4 hours, but hopefully Darwin is along the way! Maybe as a rest stop I could see the twine ball! I live in MN, yet have never seen the twine ball! Except for pictures, and a video a watched in 6th grade, which actually featured Al's song! That was pretty cool.
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

I just looked at my map. It looks like it's out of my range to go the the twine ball. If I didnt allready have so much wrapped up in this trip, I'd go. If the show was in St. Cloud, I might make it to the twine ball.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

And...I can't go to this one
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

iisryan27 @ Feb 7 2004, 05:54 AM wrote: And...I can't go to this one
You'll be at this show too? Wow. Back when I posted the topic for the MN state fair show, it seemed nobody here was going!
airline_amanda
Occasional

Post by airline_amanda »

there's still some okay tix left for the floor if you don't have a lot of people, if you don't want to be on the floor, you're back in the corners already...

quick question: what the heck does "Golden Circle" mean...i was lookin at my order and saw that that was on there...then I checked out the other tickets on ticketmaster.com and like all the ones that were on the floor and the 1st section of the bleachers said that...any ideas???

anywho...can't wait, still..catching up on my forums that i've missed...Yank-good pics in the new tour section...lucky you!...I'm wondering how i can get in a couple of disposables to satisfy my craving for memories!! :D

peaceout! A_A
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

I'm hoping to get my digital camera in next time. I just hope there isnt any metal detectors so my camera will be taken away! :nervous: I'm not worried about security catching me, just because there are a ton of good pics out there from venues that dont allow cameras.

I'm not sure about that whole golden circle thing. :dontgetit:
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

My tickets came today! I'm sooo happy! :D