So what did ya think of the Wild Adventures concert?

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Lightning7smith
Occasional

Post by Lightning7smith »

Well I thought it was great!!!Except that their where no autographs signed.(Not even for his look alike.ME!!!)
taralyn919
Addicted

Post by taralyn919 »

Were you the guy in the curly wig and hawaiian shirt with a poodle tied to his head? If so, I am the girl who asked to get my picture taken with you.

Yes, the concert was great! I thought the audience really got into it. There was a standing O after practically every song and the video clips got rave reviews!

A lot of the audience members had hats made out of those long balloons that were tiwsted into poodles! Plus, three guys who made signs that said Sign My Poodle. It was very cool!!!!!

:) Tara Lyn
mamarazzi

Post by mamarazzi »

I was at the concert also. I thought it was great and the sound mix was superb. I too wish there was a chance for autographs, or the chance to give him a picture of my Mini. I had the Liquid Yellow Mini Cooper S with the Weird Al graphics.

Are you ready to Polka???

8)

Mamarazzi
DrewBoo
Occasional
Location: Alabama, where that kind of thing is NOT tolerated, thank you very much!

Post by DrewBoo »

Heck yeah I was there! I think you're the guy dressed like Al with the poodle tied to your head. I'm the red-haired guy that talked to you before the show, with my friend. And I also remember you, taralyn. My friend was the one who took the picture of you and Lightning7smith! Bizarre, eh?

What was awesome was when Jim came over and talked to us. I about had a heart attack when I saw him approaching.

Ah, then there was the wait by the door after the show, all those people wanting to meet Al. Only a select few got in, though, before they told us the park was closing.

When everyone was around the stage after the show, were those backstage passes the road crew was throwing to random people?

And I agree, it was a great concert, and I think I got some great pics of Al.

My favorite part of the concert? Here's the quote:

QUOTE Al: Is anybody in the park today from Albuquerque?

Crowd: *IMMENSE cheers, everyone loves Albuquerque*

Al: Well, I wrote a song just for you. It's called......... One More Minute.

The disappointment in the air was thicker than Al's fat suit, but it was hilarious.

Another good moment was during "One More Minute", where Al suddenly, without any warning, lunged at that one girl in the audience (about 2 rows behind me), and gave her the infamous "raised-eyebrow-stare". She dove for cover.

Anyway, I haven't had that much fun in years, it was a wonderful concert. Nice to see you guys here, too! Cool coincidence!
There are so many people who inspired me in my career. I'd like to sit down with each one of them and thank them personally. But of course, that'd be a complete waste of my free time.

- Weird Al quote of the week
mamarazzi

Post by mamarazzi »

Sounds like we were all hanging around the same place after the show.

What seats were you all in?

Mamarazzi

:stupid:
Lightning7smith
Occasional

Post by Lightning7smith »

Were you the guy in the curly wig and hawaiian shirt with a poodle tied to his head? If so, I am the girl who asked to get my picture taken with you.

Yep I'm the "Fake AL" Yankovic.The concert was great.But I still wanted my poodle signed. :(
taralyn919
Addicted

Hey Fake Al!!!!

Post by taralyn919 »

Good to hear from you! I will send the pic tonight then (eventually) post it to my website.

taralyn919
Addicted

Complicated line

Post by taralyn919 »

The audience went insane for the "move to Alabama where that kind of thing is tolerated" line of Complicated Song.

Apparently, Georgians hate Alabamians. If you went to the cheesy yet funny Wild West Show, they made fun of Alabamians a lot.

Who knew????

taralyn919
Addicted

Lightning7smith

Post by taralyn919 »

Let me know what your email addy is and I will email you the photo you want. I am not savvy enough using this forum -- I am sure I could do it from here but I don't know how. OOPS!

THANKS!!!!

Tara Lyn
DrewBoo
Occasional
Location: Alabama, where that kind of thing is NOT tolerated, thank you very much!

Post by DrewBoo »

Heh, I live in Alabama and I still cheered. I laugh because I actually think it might be true in some parts. *shudders* :P

Oh yeah, I was in Seat 749, about two thirds back fron the stage on the right side.
There are so many people who inspired me in my career. I'd like to sit down with each one of them and thank them personally. But of course, that'd be a complete waste of my free time.

- Weird Al quote of the week