Gulfport Concert Reviews -- August 8th

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

QUOTE Stupidsurgeon,

You mention being familiar with the funky piece of music that was used as the intro to \"Dog Eat Dog.\"  Although I have a general familiarity to many Talking Heads tunes, I didn't realize that Al and the band were alluding to a specific song there.

I'm dying of curiosity....what Talking Heads song was that funky intro referencing?

I'm not sure which song it is. We were watching the Talking Heads DVD, Stop Making Sense, and while watching it you definitely notice the intro music to DED is from one of the songs. Sorry I can't tell you which one, this was a friend's DVD while I was in Chicago.

-CindyBob
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Here's all the pre-show stuff --> http://weirdalforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1696

Just want to remind everyone to make sure there isn't a topic already for your concert before posting --> http://weirdalforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1998

:sigh:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Elvis
Be jealous.

Re: Gulfport Concert Reviews -- August 8th

Post by Elvis »

QUOTE chatted with Bermuda [he was tickled to here that the Weird Al Star project has already netted almost $1500 already!!]

Well unless the treasurer has been feeding me incorrect numbers, we're not quite up to "almost $1500" yet.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

QUOTE Here's all the pre-show stuff --> http://weirdalforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1696  

Just want to remind everyone to make sure there isn't a topic already for your concert before posting --> http://weirdalforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1998  

:sigh:

Dave

Yeah, sorry about that, Dave. I thought we should have a separate post for reviews, since the initial posts were about meeting each other and are no longer really valid. I had also myself thought the initial topic should be locked and I appreciate you already doing so. Hope it didn't cause too much rancor.

QUOTE QUOTE chatted with Bermuda [he was tickled to here that the Weird Al Star project has already netted almost $1500 already!!]

Well unless the treasurer has been feeding me incorrect numbers, we're not quite up to "almost $1500" yet.

Dave

:dontgetit:

Um ...

But the left column of your website says you have $1,333.35. And it was, as I recall, at that amount on Friday morning when i'd last checked before the concert. :(

And isn't $1,333.35 "almost $1500"??? ... I mean, I didn't say "almost $2000" or something. I hope you don't think I was trying to misrepresent the Star Project to Jon, Dave -- 'cause I wasn't trying to.

[And BTW, folks, I've scanned all my pics and am finishing up my concert review and temporary website for it. I'll post the info on it VERY soon.]

Anyway, sorry if there was any confusion, Dave. I mean, I would NEVER think of upsetting the man who could summarily banish my sorry keester from this forum forever ... right?? ... B-buddy?? ... Ch-ch-chum???????? :nervous:

Doc

[pleasedon'tbanme, pleasedon'tbanme, pleasedon'tbanme, pleasedon'tbanme ....]

;)
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

This Compleat-Al-owning-mama-bear will run interference for you, Jim. 8)
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

But the left column of your website says you have $1,333.35. And it was, as I recall, at that amount on Friday morning when i'd last checked before the concert.
It does. And it did.
And isn't $1,333.35 "almost $1500"???

So Doc, it's okay if I pay you $1,333.35 for a procedure that costs $1500? It's almost $1500. :satisfied:

Maybe to you they're essentially the same. Or in the context of your talk with Bermuda it was obvious what you meant, but some people might think $1500 is a long way from $1333.35. It's all perspective. I just don't want to cause any confusion.

Saying "almost $1500" isn't necessarily accurate while saying "over $1300" is.

Dave